Minecraft is one of the best adventure games developed by Mojang Studios. Though Minecraft is only available for smartphones, PCs, and gaming consoles, you can play it on Android TV. However, you should sideload Minecraft on your Android TV as the game is not yet designed and optimized for TV platforms.
Remember, it is recommended to use gaming pads if you want to play Minecraft on your TV. Apart from gamepads, you can also control the game with the help of a keyboard and mouse. This write-up will teach you how to sideload and play the Minecraft game on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Minecraft on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Minecraft app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Minecraft APK: bit.ly/46KqCuj
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Launch the Minecraft game and start playing it on your TV.
How to Play Minecraft on Android TV
As Minecraft game requires quick navigation, the Android TV remote is not recommended for playing. You have to connect any of the gaming controllers, like the PS4 controller to your Android TV to get the best gaming experience.
1. Launch the Minecraft game on your TV.
2. Hit the Sign In For Free button and enter the credentials of your Microsoft account.
3. Click Play to initiate the game.
4. On the following screen, you need to enter the Server Name and Server Address to fetch your saved game data.
5. Now, choose any of the saved profiles and start playing.
Minecraft allows you to customize its controller and touch settings. Further, you can modify and adjust a lot of customization options like video preferences, account details, storage, language support, subscription, and a lot more.
Minecraft on Android TV: Limitations
Since the Minecraft game is not officially available for Android TV, you will have some limitations with the sideloaded version.
- You won’t get Split Screen support for multiplayer access. So, you can play only in the Single Player mode.
- Ray Tracing is not available in the Android TV version of the game.
- You can’t host your server with the sideloaded version.
- On Android TV, you can’t get any mods like Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition) and Minecraft Maps in the game.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
H96 Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Minecraft is not available for Android TV. Instead, you need to sideload its apk file on your TV.
No. From June 2021, Mojang Studios discontinued the Minecraft game on Fire TV devices.
Minecraft 4K is a special edition game developed for the 2010 Java 4K contest. Now, this 4K edition is no longer available.