Do you love to watch Korean dramas? If so, go and get the HiTV APK for your Android TV. However, the installation of this app is not as simple as you think due to the unavailability of HiTV on the Play Store. Since there is no chance to install the app from the official source, you need to sideload it or screen mirror its content on your TV in order to enjoy K-Dramas.
HiTV is a free streaming platform that loads with a large catalog of Korean dramas, TV shows, movies, and a few other media content. Despite the fact that it gives access to its media library for free, HiTV comes with various premium features like multiple subtitle support, personalized section, offline viewing, and more.
In this guide, we will help you with the sideloading and screen mirroring techniques to make HiTV streaming possible on Android TV. If you have any issues with this app, you can find some troubleshooting tips listed here to solve those issues and achieve smooth streaming.
How to Sideload HiTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the HiTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of HiTV APK latest version: bit.ly/3ZuoZPw
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite Korean content.
How to Cast HiTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the HiTV APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to the TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the HiTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the HiTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
HiTV Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the HiTV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for HiTV accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that HiTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream Korean content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to HiTV.
Yes. But, direct Installation is not possible for HiTV on Android TV as it is unavailable on the Play Store. However, you can use the sideloading technique to get HiTV on your TV.
Yes. HiTV lets its users download their desired content to watch offline later in different types of video resolutions.
Yes. You can control the playback speed depending upon your wish while watching any content.