As Zoom is meant for audio and video conferencing, many people think that it would be better to use it on Android TV as it has a big screen. Regrettably, the Zoom app is not yet available for Android TVs to date. Nevertheless, you can still use Zoom on Android TV by visiting its official webpage, sideloading the APK, or screen mirroring the app.
Since Zoom uses an internet connection, you can easily make audio or video calls for free with a basic account. If necessary, you can upgrade to any of the Zoom Pro plans from its official webpage. Let me discuss all possible methods you can use to stream Zoom Meetings on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Use Zoom on Android TV with a Web Browser
By default, Zoom works on web browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. Therefore, you can install Google Chrome on Android TV to host or join any meetings. Using Zoom on Smart TV requires an HD webcam and a wireless mic.
1. Launch your preferred web browser on your Android TV.
2. Next, visit Zoom’s official website on your browser.
3. Further, type down your meeting ID provided by the host.
4. Once done, click on the Join button.
5. If a pop-up window appears, click Open Zoom Meetings.
How to Sideload Zoom Apk on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Zoom app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to make a meeting with your team. However, this method is applicable only to the latest Android TVs and Android TV OS versions. So, make sure that your Android TV is updated to its latest version.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Zoom Meetings: bit.ly/3ti51Mg
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
16. After the installation, open the Zoom app on your TV and attend virtual meetings.
How to Cast Zoom on Android TV from Smartphones
If you’ve not opted for sideloading or a web surfing process, you can screen mirror the Zoom app. Follow the below steps to screen mirror the Zoom meetings from the smartphone to your TV.
1. Connect your Android TV to the WIFI network which should be the same as your Android device.
2. Install the Zoom app on your smartphone from the respective app stores.
3. Open the app and Host or Join a Zoom meeting using a link on your phone.
4. Now, you need to enable the screen mirroring option on your smartphone.
- For Android phones/tablets: Pull down the Notification Bar and click on Cast.
- For iPhone/iPad: Go to the Control Center and click Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your Android TV from the available devices.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Zoom Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Zoom app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while using it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Zoom accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Zoom isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platforms to connect with your friends through online meetings. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Zoom.
- Webex for Android TV
- Zoho Meeting
Frequently Asked Questions
As of December 2023, Zoom is not compatible with Android TV and it is unavailable for TV platforms. If you want to install it on your Android TV, you need to use the sideloading method.
Connect the USB-based webcam to the TV’s USB port. Once you have connected it, install the Zoom app on your TV via side loading. Then, you can use Zoom on Android TV with a webcam.