As Zoom is meant for audio and video conferencing, many people think that it would be better to use it on Android TV as it has a big screen. Regrettably, the Zoom app is not yet available for Smart TVs to date. Nevertheless, you can still install Zoom on your Android TV by sideloading the APK with the help of third-party apps like Downloader.
Other than sideloading, you can access Zoom on your Android TV by casting the app from a smartphone, tablet, or PC. Since Zoom uses an internet connection, you can easily make audio or video calls and chat with another Zoom user for free. If necessary, you can upgrade to a Zoom Pro plan that costs $14.99 per month.
How to Access Zoom on Android TV
Zoom doesn’t have an official app in the Play Store for your Android TV. Amidst fact, it doesn’t mean that you can never use Zoom on your Smart TV. These are the possible ways to access Zoom on your Smart TV.
- Using a Web Browser
- Sideloading Zoom APK using Downloader
- Cast Zoom from an Android device
- Screen Mirror Zoom from an iPhone
How to Use Zoom on Android TV with a Web Browser
By default, Zoom works on web browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. Therefore, you can install Google Chrome on Android TV to host or join any meetings. Using Zoom on Smart TV requires an HD webcam and a wireless mic.
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Android TV.
2. Next, visit Zoom’s official website on your browser.
3. Further, type down your meeting ID provided by the host.
4. Once done, click on the Join button.
5. If a pop-up window appears, click Open Zoom Meetings.
How to Sideload Zoom Apk on Android TV
As the Zoom app is unavailable in the Play Store, sideloading is the only way to get Zoom on Android TV.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources on TV Settings
- Sideload Zoom APK using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store.
3. Type and search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search suggestions.
5. Click on the Install button to install Downloader on Android TV.
6. Within a few minutes, it will be installed on your Smart TV.
Enable Unknown Sources on TV Settings
1. Open Settings from the Android TV home screen.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Next, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader option and turn it on by switching a toggle.
Sideload Zoom APK using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click the Allow option to agree to storage permissions.
3. Enter the Zoom TV APK download link in the URL field.
4. Click the Go option to download the Zoom APK file on your Android TV.
5. Once downloaded, open the file and click Install.
6. After the installation, open the Zoom app on your TV and attend virtual meetings.
How to Cast Zoom on Android TV from an Android Phone
1. Connect your Android TV to the WIFI network which should be the same as your Android device.
2. Open the Zoom app on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have the app, you can install it from the Play Store.
3. Host or Join a Zoom meeting using a link on your phone.
4. On your Android phone/tablet, pull down the Notification Bar and click on Cast.
5. Select your Android TV from the available devices.
Now you can see your Android device’s screen on your Android TV using casting.
How to Connect Zoom to Android TV from an iPhone
1. Install the Zoom app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Connect your iPhone and Android TV to the same WIFI network.
3. Open the Zoom app and join any meeting.
4. On your iPhone, go to the Control Center and click Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your Android TV to start mirroring.
6. Enter the passcode that appears on the Zoom Room screen.
Using Mirroring, it will display your iPhone’s screen on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
Zoom Other Supported Devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Connect the USB-based webcam to the TV’s USB port. Once you have connected it, install the Zoom app on your TV via side loading. Then, you can use Zoom on Android TV with a webcam.