Zoom Meetings, or simply Zoom, is one of the most popular video conferencing app across the globe. You all are familiar with the Zoom application. It was developed by Zoom Video Communications and launched in 2011. Zoom recorded the highest number of downloads in the year 2020, during the COVID-19 Pandemic. When all the meetings and classes were shifted online, people chose Zoom over other similar platforms because of its advanced features and easy-to-use UI. You might have used Zoom on your PCs and smartphones. But, we shall learn how to access Zoom on an Android TV.
It would be amazing to access your Zoom meetings on a bigger screen on your TV. Zoom gives you up to 1080 HD quality for your one-on and group meetings. Some Android TVs support webcams and then you can get the best of Zoom. So, let’s get started.
Zoom is a free video-conferencing app and you can have meetings. Let’s explore the plans Zoom offers.
- This is a free plan in which you can have an unlimited number of meetings.
- You can have only a 40-minute duration for group meetings with 100 participants.
- The Pro plan costs you $14.99 with unlimited meetings for a single host.
- Also, there is no time restriction for the group meetings with 100 participants.
- This plan costs $19.99 for one host and lets you combine ten or more host accounts.
- You can have meetings as big as 300 participants with no time limits.
- The Enterprise plan costs you $19.99 per host and combines 100 or more host accounts.
- Your meetings can be as big as 500 members with no time restriction.
Zoom on Android TV
Zoom doesn’t have an official app in the Play Store of your Android TV. But, this doesn’t mean that you can never access Zoom on your TV. Let’s explore all the methods that let you access Zoom.
How to Use Zoom on Android TV with a Web Browser
You can access the Zoom Meetings on a web browser on your PC and phone. In the same way, let’s access Zoom on a web browser on your Android TV. Zoom works on Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge. All you need is the latest version of one of these browsers.
1. Launch the Chrome web browser on your Android TV.
2. Next, visit the Zoom website on your browser.
3. Further, type down your meeting ID provided by the host.
4. Once done, click on the Join button.
5. Next, click on the Cancel button to use the Zoom platform on a web browser.
How to Sideload Zoom on Android TV
Since we don’t have the Zoom app in the App Store, we might need to sideload the app. This involves the following three steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Download Zoom using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store.
3. Type and search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search suggestions.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Downloader app.
6. Within a few minutes, Downloader installs on your TV.
Enable Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Next, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
Install Zoom using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app on your TV.
2. Follow the prompts on your screen and then click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the Zoom Android TV APK URL in the Downloader app.
4. Select the Go option and download the APK file for the Zoom app.
5. Next, install the Zoom APK on your TV.
6. Launch the Zoom app on your Android TV and handle your meetings.
Alternative Method: Casting Zoom on Android TV
There is no in-built cast icon on the Zoom application on your Android and iOS devices. So, let’s learn how to cast Zoom on your TV.
1. First, connect both your Android device and your Android device to your TV.
2. On your Android phone/tablet, pull down the Notification Bar and click on Cast.
3. Select your Android TV from the list.
4. Launch the Zoom app and start your meeting. You can install the Zoom app from the Play Store.
5. It will appear on your Android TV.
Other devices that support Zoom
Let’s discuss the different devices that support the Zoom video conferencing app in them.
- Windows PC
- Mac PC
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Zoom available on Android TV?
Yes, the Zoom app can be sideloaded on your Android TV using the Downloader app.
1. Can I use the zoom on my LG Smart TV?
Yes, the LG Content Store hosts the Zoom app that you can download easily.