Yumvideo is a video status app that lets you see a diverse collection of funny and entertaining videos for free. Accessing Yumvideo on Android TV is the next level of streaming experience. However, there is no app for Yumvideo APK on Android TV. But still, you can access it on your TV through either sideloading or screen mirroring techniques.
With Yumvideo on Android TV, you can enjoy numerous short-time videos in various genres like comedy, drama, romance, and tons more. Besides the short-length content, it also hosts some popular movies, and web series for you. In addition to streaming, it allows you to download whatever favorite content you want.
This comprehensive guide deals with the detailed procedures for sideloading and screen mirroring the Yumvideo app on Android TV. Additionally, we will provide some useful solutions to help you if the Yumvideo app doesn’t work properly.
How to Sideload Yumvideo APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Yumvideo app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Yumvideo APK: bit.ly/46SrBJN
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Yumvideo on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Yumvideo APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Yumvideo APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Yumvideo app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Yumvideo Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Yumvideo app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Yumvideo accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Yumvideo isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to stream the media content for free. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Yumvideo.
- Tik Tok
No. Yumvideo isn’t included in the list of Play Store apps. So, it is officially unavailable for Android TV.
Yumvideo is absolutely free to download and access. Also, it doesn’t require registration and login.