If you are looking to unlock the premium features of YouTube for free, then YouTube Vanced will be the best app to fulfill all your required needs. Since the application is unavailable on the Google Play Store, you cannot install the app officially on your Android Smart TV. But still, you can access YouTube Vanced APK on Android TV through sideloading or screen mirroring methods.
YouTube on Android TV brings unlimited entertainment along with plenty of exciting features for its premium users. With Vanced on your TV, you can explore all these features such as ad-block, background play, forced HDR mode, picture-in-picture mode, override max resolution, and more.
Here, we’ve covered the sideloading method with the help of Solid Explorer, and the screencast technique in order to use YouTube Vanced on Android TV. Also, you can also find some general issues of Vanced and their troubleshooting fixes if the app fails to load and perform properly.
How to Sideload YouTube Vanced APK on Android TV Using Solid Explorer
1. Install Solid Explorer on Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Download the following APK files using the download link.
|Youtubevanced ATV APK||bit.ly/46rLZR8|
|YouTube Vanced Dark||bit.ly/3EQk5Tt|
3. On your Android TV, go to the Settings menu.
4. Choose the Device Preferences option.
5. Click the Security & Restrictions feature.
6. Select the Unknown Sources option.
7. From the Install Unknown Apps section, turn on the toggle for the Solid Explorer app.
8. Then, launch the Solid Explorer app and navigate to the destination folder where you downloaded the files.
9. install the downloaded APK files in the following order.
- YouTube Vanced Dark
- Youtubevanced ATV APK
10. After installing those APK files, you will get the YouTube Vanced app with login access on your Android TV.
11. If you can’t see the YouTube Vanced app, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV. Sometimes, the sideloaded apps won’t appear on the home screen by default.
How to Use YouTube Vanced on Android TV
1. Launch the YouTube Vanced app on your TV.
2. As the app is not a legal one, don’t use any of your primary Google accounts. Use any unused accounts or create a new Gmail account.
3. For the first time, the app will take more than five minutes to load.
4. After that, you can stream YouTube videos on your Android TV without any ads.
How to Cast YouTube Vanced on Android TV
The YouTube Vanced application has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the YouTube content from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Sideload the YouTube Vanced app on your Android smartphone.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. Similarly, connect the smartphone to the same WIFI.
3. Open the YouTube Vanced app on your phone and log in to your YouTube account.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon on the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Then, you can watch YouTube media content on your TV
YouTube Vanced Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
As said earlier, YouTube Vanced is not a legal app, so you might face some performance issues with the app on your TV. If you have any such issues, try the following fixes.
|Problem with Description||Solution|
|YouTube Vanced is not developed for a TV interface. So, you can’t use the TV remote to access the app||You need to connect a keyboard or mouse to Android TV to access the YouTube Vanced app.|
|The app will run in the background and play videos even after you close the app||You need to change this in the app’s settings. Go to the Settings menu and disable the Background play feature.|
|The YouTube Shorts won’t play properly on the app. Sometimes, the short video resolution may be stretched out or played in the landscape format.||Try not to play YouTube shorts in this app.|
|You can play the video on full screen. When you press the full-screen icon, the video will play in landscape format||Right-click on the mouse to switch back|
|Sometimes, the app is not loading and delivering the content properly.||Ensure your Android TV and the app have the required Internet speed.|
|Temporary bugs in this app may cause an annoying experience while streaming our favorite content||Reboot your Android TV to resolve it|
|You may encounter slow-loading issues with this app||Clear the app cache files accumulated on your device|
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Since it is an illegal platform, you can’t find the YouTube Vanced app on the Play Store of Android TV.