|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
YouTube is a popular application that you can find pre-installed on all the latest Android TVs. If it is not pre-installed, you can download it from the Play Store. Those who want to watch videos quickly can cast it from their smartphone. Additionally, you can also use a browser on your TV to watch YouTube videos. By installing this app on Android TV, you will get access to watch tons of video content in different categories with or without ads.
In this article, we have mentioned all the possible ways to stream YouTube videos on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install YouTube App on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter YouTube in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select YouTube from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate YouTube on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the app with your Google account to stream the videos.
1. Open the YouTube app on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Sign In button to get it.
3. Now, go to YouTube’s activation website (https://youtube.com/tv/activate) on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
5. After that, sign in with your Google account to complete the activation.
6. Now, the YouTube will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content with or without ads.
How to Watch YouTube Using Browser
YouTube has a dedicated webpage that you can stream on Android TV easily with a browser. For this method, you have to use any of the web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (youtube.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your Google Account credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on the Android TV.
How to Sideload YouTube APK on Android TV
If you can’t find YouTube in the Play Store for some reason, you can sideload the APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of YouTube APK latest version: bit.ly/3Hj44GO
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the YouTube app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast YouTube on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in installing the YouTube application, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, YouTube is compatible with the built-in cast support. With that, you can easily cast YouTube from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the YouTube on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Android TV
If the YouTube app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like not opening, buffering, and freezing, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Check the server outage of YouTube using the Downdetector platform.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for YouTube accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact YouTube’s customer support (www.youtube.com/t/contact_us) to get help.
If you feel that YouTube isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream your favorite videos. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The YouTube application is natively available on the Google Play Store of Android TV.
No. You cannot stream YouTube TV content with the YouTube app. Like the YouTube app, you can install the YouTube TV on Android TV from the store.