As the name itself suggests, YouTube Music is the music streaming service developed by YouTube. This music streaming service of Google replaced its older music app, Google Play Music, in 2020. YouTube Music has a simple interface and has all the features that the music streaming app needs. You can browse through songs and videos on the app and find them easily based on genres. You can find more music on the different playlists in the app as well as through recommendations. This section will give you a clear idea of YouTube Music and about adding it to your Android TV.
You can find music of all of your favorite artists and labels on the YouTube Music app. Further, you can save the music of your favorite artist on the app ahead of time. It also includes any video under the music category in the YouTube app. Also, the YouTube Music app itself is available in 100 countries across the globe.
YouTube Music has both a free service as well as a premium tier. The premium tier gives you ad-free streaming along with additional features like offline downloading. Get the YouTube Music Premium at $14.99 per month with a 30-day free trial.
YouTube Music on Android TV
The Android TV Play Store has the YouTube Music app. So, it is easy to add and access YouTube Music on your device. So, let’s explore the different ways to access the YouTube Music app on your TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV STREAM
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install YouTube Music on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Launch the Google Play Store on your device.
3. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
4. With the on-screen keyboard, type in and search for the YouTube Music app.
5. Select the YouTube Music app from the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button and start downloading the YouTube Music app.
7. Launch the YouTube Music app.
8. Sign in to your YouTube Music account to access your personalized music.
9. Start listening to your favorite music on your Android TV with the YouTube Music app.
How to Use YouTube Music on Android TV with YouTube
If you have the YouTube app on your Android TV, you don’t need to add the YouTube Music app. Let’s find out how to access YouTube Music on YouTube.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your TV and make sure that you have signed in to your account.
2. Take your remote and click to the left. Now, a menu opens on the left side of your screen.
3. Choose the Music option on the menu.
4. Now, you will get access to all the YouTube Music libraries on your Android TV.
How to Cast YouTube Music on Android TV
1. Connect both your Android TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the YouTube Music app on your device and then sign in to your account. If you don’t have the YouTube Music app, install it from the Play Store or App Store.
3. Tap the Cast icon on the YouTube Music app.
4. From the list of devices on your screen, choose your Android TV.
5. Now, play any songs from the app. It will be cast to your Android TV.
1. Connect both your Android TV and your PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the YouTube Music app or visit the YouTube Music website on your PC and then sign in to your account.
3. Click the Cast icon on your PC screen.
4. Choose your Android TV.
5. Play any of the songs from YouTube Music. It will be cast to your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Android smartphone and tablet
- PC and Mac
- Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge)
- Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can access YouTube Music on your TV in more than just one way. You can install the app on your TV, access tracks via the YouTube app, or cast the tracks from your smartphone.
Yes, YouTube Music has its own Android TV app that you can download from the Google Play Store.
YouTube Music vanced is the modded version of YouTube Music, and it lets you play all the tracks without any premium subscription. To install it on your Android TV, you need the help of the Downloader app.