YouTube Music is a freemium music streaming application that offers you to listen to tons of music and podcast episodes. The services offer flexible plans for students and family members including a 1-month free trial. By downloading the app on your TV or smartphone, you can stream music from different languages in the world. You can download the YouTube Music app on your Android smart TV directly from the Google Play Store available on your TV. Since the application has built-in Chromecast support, you can share the content from your smartphone to other Chromecast-compatible devices. Moreover, you can also access the content directly from the browser by logging in to your account.
How to Install YouTube Music on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter YouTube Music in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select YouTube Music from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Sideload YouTube Music on Android TV
If you can’t find the YouTube Music app on your Android TV, you can install the app by using Downloader or ES File Explorer.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of YouTube Music APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the YouTube Music APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and sign in with your credentials.
11. Select and stream your desired content from the YouTube Music app.
How to Stream YouTube Music Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the YouTube Music app.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://music.youtube.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of YouTube Music will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast YouTube Music on Android TV
The YouTube Music app is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the YouTube Music app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open YouTube Music on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Tap the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the music track on the app to stream the music on your Android TV.
Key Features of YouTube Music
- The app offers many categories like the latest hits, Workouts Relax, and much more from the home screen.
- Stream all your favorite music ad-free by subscribing to the premium plan.
- The application allows premium users to download music tracks to play offline.
- You can play your music in the background on YouTube Music with a premium subscription.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, you can install the YouTube Music app on your Sony Android TV.
You can install YouTube Music on Google TV-supported devices by installing it from its official App Stores.