Yandex Browser is known for secure browsing, which lets you search using Voice commands. The browser comes with a secure system called Protect which ensures privacy when you use Public WiFi networks and also prevents you from visiting harmful websites. The Yandex Browser is compatible with smartphones and PC, but it doesn’t have a native application for Android TV. If want to use it on your Android TV, you must sideload the browser using the APK file with the support of Downloader. Unlike other browsers, you can customize the Yandex browser, such as Appearance, Notifications, and more, based on your preference.
How to Sideload Yandex Browser on Android TV
The Yandex Browser is yet to be available for Android TV. To use the Yandex Browser, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Power on your Android TV and head to the home screen.
2. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
3. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
4. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
5. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
6. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
7. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
8. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Yandex Browser APK in the URL field.
9. Click Go to download the Yandex Browser APK on your Android TV.
10. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
Yandex Browser: Features & Highlights
- The browser is free to use and install.
- It comes with Reader mode, which enables you to read the text without annoying elements like ads, menus, etc.
- Doesn’t track your passwords and search queries when you use Incognito mode.
- Has privacy tools, like blocking trackers, deleting cookies, and more.
- Lets you translate pages and images.
- Offers ad filters and security features, such as Virus protection, Password protection, and more.
- Supports extensions that extend the browser’s functionality.
Supported Android TVs
- TCL Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mecool Android TV Box
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Yandex Browser is safe to use on your Android TV.
Unfortunately, the Yandex Browser is unavailable for Google TV. Using the Yandex Browser APK file, you can install it on your Google TV with the help of Downloader.
The alternatives to Yandex Browser are Kiwi Browser, Opera Browser, and Tor Browser.