Xtream IPTV is the free IPTV player that utilizes Xtream Codes API to stream the IPTV provider’s content on your Android TV. This player offers several premium features like an archive section, built-in EPG support, parental control, and much more. Unfortunately, Xtream IPTV is unavailable in the Google Play Store. So you need to sideload the Xtream IPTV APK file with the Downloader application. If you aren’t able to sideload the application due to low storage issues, you can screen mirror the Xtream IPTV app from your Smartphone to the TV.
In this guide, we have discussed all the possible methods such as sideload and casting to stream Xtream IPTV on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Xtream IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Xtream IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content,
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Xtream IPTV APK latest version: https://urlsrt.io/Xtream-IPTV
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Xtream IPTV app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast Xtream IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Xtream IPTV app, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Xtream IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play the video content on the Xtream IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Xtream IPTV Not Working on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the Xtream IPTV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for Xtream IPTV, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for Xtream IPTV accumulated on your Smart TV.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
Xtream IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Xtream IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the IPTV content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Xtream IPTV.
No, you cannot install the Xtream IPTV app from the Google Play Store. Sideloading is the only method to get the Xtream IPTV application on your Android TV.
Yes, the Xtream IPTV app comes with a built-in Parental control feature.