If you have installed CCTV cameras in your home, you might need the XMEye app. The XMEye is a monitoring software, that you can integrate with your CCTV camera using the serial number and watch live videos remotely from your smartphone or desktop. XMEye app is incompatible with the Android TV and you can’t get the app from the Play Store. If you still wish to use XMEye on your Android TV, you can sideload the app using Downloader.
The best part of XMEye is that it is compatible with all types of CCTV cameras. The app supports features of taking snapshots and sharing your videos or snapshots on social media.
How to Sideload XMEye on Android TV
The XMEye app is yet to be available for Android TV. To use XMEye, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of XMEye APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the XMEye APK on your Smart TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No. Unfortunately, the XMEye app is unavailable for Philips Android TV.
Yes. You can install the XMEye app for your Windows PC from the official website.