|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
Xfinity is one of the popular brands in the USA. They offer services like cable TV, internet, telephone, and more it US residents. Although the Xfinity Stream app is available for smartphones, it isn’t released for Android TV as of now. To access the Xfinity Stream app, you should cast or sideload the app on your Android TV.
Xfinity Stream is available for free if you have Xfinity Internet and Xfinity TV services. On the other side, the standalone Xfinity Stream subscription costs $20/month. In this curated guide, we will discuss the sideloading and casting techniques to watch Xfinity Stream on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Xfinity Stream APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Xfinity Stream app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Xfinity Stream APK latest version: bit.ly/3TYe2Vw
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, launch Xfinity Stream on your TV and click on the Get Started option. If you can’t launch the app, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open the app.
16. Log In to your Xfinity Stream account using credentials.
17. Start streaming your favorite live TV channels on the Xfinity Stream app.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream on Android TV
The Xfinity Stream app is compatible with the Cast feature. If you are not interested in sideloading the Xfinity Stream app on your TV, you can cast the app from your smartphone.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Launch the app and log in to your Xfinity account.
4. Browse and select the media content you want to play.
5. Tap on the Cast icon. With this, you can see all the available devices to cast.
6. From the list, choose your Android TV.
Now, the video will appear on your Android TV, and you can watch all the video content from the Xfinity Stream app on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Xfinity Stream on Android TV
If the Xfinity Stream app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Xfinity Stream accumulated on your Smart TV.
- If there is a new version available for Xfinity Stream, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
Xfinity Stream Alternatives
If you feel that Xfinity Stream isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Xfinity Stream.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Xfinity Stream is not available for any Android TV platforms.
Yes, you can install the Xfinity Stream app on streaming devices like Apple TV, Fire TV, and Roku TV Stick.