Xfinity is one of the popular brands in the USA. They offer services like cable TV, internet, telephone, and more it US residents. In February 2017, Xfinity launched its standalone streaming app, Xfinity Stream. At the time of launch, the app is available only for smartphones. Now, the app has a lot of supported devices. For Android TV, the Xfinity Stream app is not released in the Play Store.
For Android OS 5.0 and above, you can install the Xfinity Stream app. If your Android TV is running on the older version, update your Android TV. to get the Xfinity app. With the Xfinity Stream app, you can access live TV channels like ABC, NBC, ESPN, CNN, Fox, and the NFL.
Xfinity Stream is available for free if you have the Xfinity internet and Xfinity TV services. The standalone Xfinity Stream subscription costs $4.99 per month.
Xfinity Stream on Android TV
As of now, the Xfinity Stream app is not available in the Android TV’s Play Store. To access the Xfinity Stream app, you can cast or sideload the app on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Xfinity Stream on Android TV
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for Downloader.
3. Select the Downloader by AFTV news app.
4. On the overview page, tap the Install button.
5. Now, the Downloader app will be installed on your Android TV.
6. Then, open the Settings menu.
7. Choose Device Preferences and tap on the Security & Restrictions option.
8. Choose the Unknown Sources option.
9. Select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
10. Open the Downloader and click the Allow button to give necessary permissions.
11. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin download URL (browsers.aftvnews.com) and install the plugin. Without the plugin, you can’t install any APK files on Android TV.
12. Then, enter the Xfinity Stream Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
13. Download the Xfinity Stream APK file.
14. Tap the Install button to install the app.
15. Then, launch Xfinity Stream on your TV and click on the Get Started option. If you can’t launch the app, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open the app.
16. Log In to your Xfinity Stream account using credentials.
17. Start streaming your favorite live TV channels on the Xfinity Stream app.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream on Android TV
If you are not interested in sideloading the Xfinity Stream app on your TV, you can cast the app from your smartphone. The Xfinity Stream app is compatible with the Cast feature.
1. Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. You can install the Xfinity Stream app from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Log In to your Xfinity account.
3. Tap on the Cast icon.
4. With this, you can see all the available devices to cast.
5. From the list, choose your Android TV.
6. Now, play any video from the Xfinity Stream app.
7. The video will appear on your Android TV.
8. Watch all the video content from the Xfinity Stream app on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android Smartphones and tablets
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Xfinity Stream is not available for Sony or any other Android TV.
Yes, you can install the Xfinity Stream app on streaming devices like Apple TV, Fire TV, and Roku TV Stick.