If you need a file-sharing app for your Android TV, Xender is the best choice. With Xender, you can easily share various file types, including apps, music, PDFs, folders, videos, and more, from your smartphone to the TV. Fortunately, the Xender app is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV.
Xender isn’t just a file-transferring app; it also offers additional functions. For example, it has a media player to play all the music and videos you receive through the app. It even allows you to extract audio files from videos and download videos from popular platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram. One of its standout features is the ability to transfer files even without data. You’ll also be amazed by the fact that its speed is 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
The best part is that Xender is a free transfer app, and you can use it on all supported devices without any subscription.
How to Install Xender on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Xender in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Xender from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. Start your file-sharing operations and watch all music & videos right after receiving them.
How to Sideload Xender Apk on Android TV
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of Xender APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Xender apk on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and use Xender to file sharing & other functions.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
Yes. Xender has its app available on the Android TV platform.
The best alternative for a Xender file-sharing app is SHAREit on Android TV.