Xender is the best option for anyone who searches for a file-sharing app for their Android TV. The app lets you share all file types, including apps, music, pdf, folders, videos, and a lot more. One of the most attractive features of Xender is that you can use it to transfer files even without data. Also, you will be impressed with its speed as is 200 times faster than Bluetooth. Apart from being a file transferring app, it serves other functions as well. For instance, you can play all music and videos that you receive through the app. The following section will help you add and stream Xender on your Android TV.
Xender also lets you extract audio files from the videos you have. Additionally, it helps you download videos from Whatsapp, Facebook, and Instagram. The maximum speed of file transfer on Xender can be up to 40Mb/s. There is no limit to the size of the file you transfer through Xender. Also, you don’t have to be concerned about the quality of files being reduced while transferring.
Xender is a free transfer app that you can stream on all supported devices without any subscription.
Xender on Android TV
The Xender application has its own spot in the Google Play Store of the Android TV platform. Therefore, downloading the app on your Android TV is quite easy.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add Xender on Android TV
If you have an Android TV, adding the Xender app to your device can be a great deal to you.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to your internet.
2. Click on the Apps section and open the Google Play Store.
3. Next, click on the Search icon.
4. Type in Xender on the search bar using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
5. Select the Xender app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button and then wait for the app to install on your TV.
7. Wait for the installation to complete.
8. Launch the Xender app once the download is over.
9. Finally, you can access the Xender app to send and receive files on your TV
Alternative Method: Sideload Xender on Android TV
Alternatively, you can also install Xender on Android TV by sideloading the apk version from the reputed third-party sources. It involves following steps
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Xender using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
Downloader is an app that can download third-party apps for you. For side-loading Xender on your TV, you need this app. So, let’s start by downloading the app.
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Go to the Search bar and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app from the app and then it the Install button.
4. Wait for a few minutes and the app will install on your Android TV immediately.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
Android TV default settings don’t allow you to sideload any third party app. So, you have to make changes in favor of the Downloader app.
1. First, launch the Android TV Settings from the home screen.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Tap the Unknown Sources option.
4. Select Downloader and slide the toggle located next to it.
Installing Xender Using Downloader
Finally, you have made it to the final step of installing the third-party app on your TV.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Select the Allow option when the application request to access your local file.
3. Enter Xender Android TV apk URL in the respective section of the Downloader app.
4. Click on the Go option and the apk will download on your TV immediately.
5. After downloading the apl file, install the Xender Android TV app and delete the installer file when the installation completes.
7. Now, launch the app and start transferring files between your TV and smartphone.
Tips – Install PLAYit App on Android TV to play all kind of audio and video files that you stored locally on your TV.
Other Devices that support Xender
Anyone with one of the below-mentioned devices can get the Xender app.
- Android smartphone
- Windows phone
- Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use Xender on Smart TV?
Yes, Xender has its app version available on the Android TV platform.
2. Is Xender available on Android TV?
Yes, you can easily access the app of Xender on your TV from the Google Play Store.
3. Can I use Xender on Android TV?
Yes, Xender has its app available on the Google Play Store for download.