If you need a file-sharing app for your Android TV, Xender is the best choice. With Xender, you can easily share various file types, including apps, music, PDFs, folders, videos, and more, from your smartphone to the TV. Fortunately, the Xender app is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV. However, the Xender app has been banned in a few countries. In such cases, you need to sideload the app on Android TV.
Xender isn’t just a file-transferring app; it also offers additional functions. For example, it has a media player to play all the music and videos you receive through the app. It even allows you to extract audio files from videos and download videos from popular platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram. One of its standout features is the ability to transfer files to Android TV even without data.
Keep reading to learn how to install the Xender app on Android TV and how to solve not working issues of Xender in this article.
Table of Contents
How to Install Xender on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Xender in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Xender from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. Start your file-sharing operations and watch all music & videos right after receiving them.
How to Sideload Xender APK on Android TV
If you can’t find the Xender app in the Play Store in your country, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Xender APK: bit.ly/3RPcICN
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Xender app and share whatever files you want with your family and friends.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Xender Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Xender app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while using it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Xender accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Xender isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to share any kind of files. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Xender.
- SHAREit for Android TV
- Send files to TV
- Send Anywhere
Yes. Xender has its official app available on the Android TV platform. You can get it directly from the Google Play Store.
By selecting the Connect to TV option on the Xender app, you can initiate the process of sharing files from your smartphone to Android TV.