The Customization of your Android TV background and menus to new ones is not as easy as you do on your smartphone. In order to change your Android TV stock launcher to a new one, you need to install a new launcher app on your TV. With many launchers available for Android TV, you can go with Wolf Launcher. With Wolf Launcher, you can customize your TV home screen, hide apps, and do many more tasks with it. The Wolf Launcher app is not available on Android TV Play Store. So you need to sideload its APK file to install it. In this article, we have covered how to sideload and set up the Wolf Launcher on your TV device with easy steps.
How to Sideload Wolf Launcher on Android TV
The Wolf Launcher app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Wolf Launcher APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
How to Setup Wolf Launcher on Android TV
After installing the Launcher, you need to follow the setup measures to enable it on your Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and go to Settings.
2. Next, go to Launcher Settings.
3. Tap on the Disable Stock Launcher option.
4. Then, click on the Enable Custom Launcher option.
5. After doing this, open the Wolf Launcher app and choose every segment to change the default launcher to Wolf.
6. Choose Wallpaper, Hidden Apps, Status Bar, Sections, and more on the Launcher app to access its features on your Android TV.
Alternative Method to Setup Wolf Launcher
To replace the default Android TV launcher with Wolf Launcher, you need to install the Launch Manager app. Try out this method after installing the Wolf Launcher app on your TV.
1. Go to the Downloader app and sideload the Launch Manager app.
2. After installing, open the Launch Manager app.
3. Now, go to Launcher Options → Enable Custom Launcher.
4. Check out the check box on the pop-up for debugging and press allow button.
5. Now, press the home key on the remote and choose Wolf Launcher from the pop-up.
6. Select the Just Once or Always option and finish the setup process of Wolf Launcher on your TV.
7. Now, go to the home screen and see the Wolf Launcher background on the screen.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, the Wolf Launcher app is not available for Sony Android TV.