Online security will always be a serious concern for all Android TV users. Thanks to Windscribe VPN, we can ensure that we receive strong security while surfing the internet. Windscribe has its own official app on the Android TV platform for download. So, it is a lot easier for you if you wish to access Windscribe VPN. In addition, you can also sideload the app on Android TV if you can’t find the Windscribe VPN on the Play Store.
The most attractive factor of Windscribe VPN is its free tier. The free tier offers you a maximum of 10GB of bandwidth every month. However, you can’t connect your device to all available servers with the free account. To unlock all exclusive servers and get complete access, you should upgrade your account with its premium subscription.
In that context, Let’s move on to learn about the installing and sideloading process of Windscribe VPN on Android TV. Also, troubleshooting measures and alternatives to this VPN are also discussed here for your extra reference.
Table of Contents
Since Windscribe VPN is a freemium app, you can’t access all available servers for free. Instead, you should buy its premium tier that gives you additional features. You can explore all three subscription plans for Windscribe VPN from its official website.
How to Install Windscribe VPN on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Power on your Android TV and connect to your WiFi.
2. Launch the Google Play Store and select the Search menu.
3. Search for the Windscribe app using the search bar.
4. Pick up the Windscribe app icon from the search results.
5. Start downloading the same by clicking on the Install button.
6. Next, wait for the download to finish.
7. Launch the Windscribe VPN and sign in to your account.
8. Connect to a VPN network and stream the content without any restrictions.
How to Sideload Windscribe VPN APK on Android TV
If you can’t find the Windscribe VPN app on the Play Store of Android TV, then you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to connect to the location wherever you want.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Windscribe VPN APK latest version: bit.ly/3SWjNm2
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Windscribe VPN app and enjoy hassle-free internet surfing on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Windscribe VPN Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Windscribe VPN app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like app freezing, improper connectivity, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Windscribe VPN accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Windscribe VPN Alternatives
If you feel that Windscribe VPN isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to use the VPN service. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Windscribe VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a native application available for Windscribe VPN on Android TV and you can get it directly from the Google Play Store.
Yes. Windscribe VPN is accessible with a free account. However, you need to get its paid version to use all the premium features of this VPN.