WhatApp is a popular communication platform that allows the user to send messages and media content to someone or a group of people. Sadly, the WhatsApp application is not compatible with Android TV. However, you can sideload the app to explore the Whatsapp content on your Android TV. You can also use its web version to access the WhatsApp application on your Android Smart TV. Additionally, you can use the Screen Mirroring feature to cast the entire screen from your smartphone to your Android TV. In this guide, we have discussed all the guidelines for accessing WhatsApp content on your Android Smart TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload WhatsApp APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the WhatsApp app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
The latest version of the WhatsApp APK: https://urlsrt.io/WhatsApp
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Launch the new WhatsApp APK on your TV and start chatting with your friends.
How to Access WhatsApp on Android TV Using a Browser
Apart from sideloading the app, you can access WhatsApp on Android TV without installing it by using the WhatsApp Web version. It is the simplest way to get WhatsApp on your Smart TV. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://web.whatsapp.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. You will get a QR code on your TV screen. Now, take your smartphone and open the WhatsApp app.
4. For iPhone/iPad, go to the Linked Devices option under the Settings menu. For Android smartphones, the Linked Devices button will appear when you press the three-dotted icon.
6. Scan the QR code displayed on the TV from your smartphone.
7. After that, your WhatsApp account will be linked to your TV.
8. Now, chat with your friends directly on your TV using the Whatsapp Web feature.
How to Cast WhatsApp on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the WhatsApp APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Install the WhatsApp app from the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and sign in to your account.
4. Open the required content to be mirrored on your TV.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the desired content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
If you feel that WhatsApp isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to chat with your friends. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to WhatsApp.
Yes, you can use WhatsApp on Android TV by sideloading the app on your Android TV.
Yes, you can screen mirror WhatsApp video calls on Android TV.