Cisco Webex or Webex is an American company that focuses on developing and selling video conferencing applications. Popular products from Webex include Webex Meetings, Webex, Support Center, Sales Center, PCNow, Webex WebOffice, and more. Webex doesn’t have a native app for your Android TV platform. However, you can sideload or screen mirror the Webex app on your Android TV.
Webex lets you adapt it so that it meets your needs, work style, and the device you like. There are no geographical restrictions, language barriers, or similar issues on Webex. Also, Webex assures you maximum security and defends your device against threats wherever you are working. So, you can have the same experience with Webex at home, office, or any other place.
The following section is going to be more focused on things you need to know about the Webex Meetings app and adding it to your Android TV.
Table of Contents
Plans and Pricing for Webex
By default, Webex offers a free account with no end date. In this free plan, you can connect with up to 100 attendees and meeting length up to 40 minutes. If you want to extend all the exclusive features, you need to pay for any of the premium subscriptions tabulated below from its official webpage.
|Contact Official Team
|Contact Official Team
How to Sideload Webex APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Webex app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to make a meeting with your team. However, this method is applicable only to the latest Android TVs and Android TV OS versions. So, make sure that your Android TV is updated to its latest version.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Cisco Webex Meetings: bit.ly/4auw5sg
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
16. Once the download completes, launch the Cisco Webex app and sign in to your account.
How to Access Webex on Android TV Using Web Browser
As the simplest way, you can access the Webex platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Open any web browser on your Android TV.
3. Next, go to the Cisco Webex website.
4. Further, you need to join the meeting as a host or participant.
5. In this way, you can access Webex meetings on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Webex on Android TV
If you’ve not opted for sideloading or a web surfing process, you can cast Webex through the Cisco Webex Meetings app. Follow the below steps to screen mirror the Webex meetings from the smartphone to your TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the same WiFi network as your Android casting device.
2. Select the Screen Cast or Cast icon on the Control Centre of your Android TV.
3. Pick up your Android TV from the list of devices.
4. Within a few minutes, your Android smartphone’s screen will be cast on your Android TV.
5. Launch the Cisco Webex Meetings app and select the Join Meeting option.
If you don’t have the Cisco Webex Meetings app, install it from the Play Store.
6. Also, you need to sign in to host a meeting.
7. Now, you can join the meeting with your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Webex Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Webex app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while using it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Webex accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Webex isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platforms to connect with your friends through online meetings. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Webex.
- Zoom for Android TV
- Zoho Meeting
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can access the Webex Meetings on your TV either by sideloading the app or screen mirroring from Android smartphones.
Yes, you can use Webex for free with up to 100 participants. To get unlimited access, you need to get the premium version.