Are you wondering how to stream VRV on Android TV after merging it with Crunchyroll? If yes, this guide is prepared especially for you. As of now, VRV doesn’t exist as an indepentent platform for any devices. So, you can’t get it from the Play Store of Android TV. To stream VRV on Android TV, you should install and access the Crunchyroll app from the Play Store.
Because, all media content of VRV are only available on Cruchyroll. Fortunately, Crunchyroll has its official app on the Play Store. So, you can install it direcltly on your Android TV and access VRV’s content. However, you can also stream Crunchyroll through multiple techniques, such as sideloading, website visiting, and casting.
The media library of VRV features sci-fi, comedy, anime, and gaming-related video content. One Piece, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, and Bleach are the best shows to binge right now.
This elaborate guide demonstrates the exact procedures of installing, sideloading, web browsing, and screen mirroring to stream VRV through the Crunchyroll platfrom on Android TV.
Pricing for Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll offers three types of subscription packages. You can get any of the subscriptions from the Crunchyroll website. Remember, both these two subscription packages offer a 14-day free trial service for new members.
|Subscription Plans||Monthly Pricing||Simutaneous Streaming Limit||Offline Viewing|
|Mega Fan||$9.99||4 device||Yes|
|Ultimate Fan||$14.99||6 device||Yes|
How to Watch VRV through Crunchyroll on Android TV
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Crunchyroll in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Crunchyroll from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the login button to get the code.
8. Now, go to the Crunchyroll activation website [crunchyroll.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC.
9. Log in to your account, enter the code, and click the Activate button.
10. After that, sign in with your login details.
11. Now, the Crunchyroll app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Android TV Outside the USA
If you can’t find Crunchyroll in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.[
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link for the latest version of Crunchyroll APK: bit.ly/3ukBOQE
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Crunchyroll app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch Crunchyroll Using a Browser
Crunchyroll has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of numerous anime content. You can access the Crunchyroll website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL https://www.crunchyroll.com/ in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Crunchyroll will appear on the TV screen.
4. Tap the Profile icon on the top right corner of the screen hit the login option and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Crunchyroll on Android TV
The Crunchyroll is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Crunchyroll from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Crunchyroll app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and TV Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Toshiba Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
|H96 Max 4K|
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Crunchyroll on Android TV
If the Crunchyroll app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the Crunchyroll application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the Crunchyroll app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Crunchyroll isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream anime content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Crunchyroll.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since VRV is merged with Cruchyroll completely, you should install and access Crunchyroll on your Android TV to stream all media content offered by VRV.
Yes. But, you can stream only a limited number of content with a free subscription.