ViX is a legal streaming app available on the Play Store of Android TVs and TV Boxes. Once installed, ViX will bring you a vast collection of TV channels, movies, TV series, soap operas, soccer leagues, and 24/7 news. Moreover, ViX is specially made for Spanish-language content. If you have a premium account on ViX, you can get more advanced features. ViX premium will cost you $6.99/month or $39.99 /year.
Besides installing an official app to stream content, users watch VIX through its official website on any one of the best browsers on Android TV. Furthermore, ViX is developed with built-in casting support that helps users to screen mirror their media content directly from smartphones to their Android TVs.
How to Install ViX on Android TV/Box from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter ViX in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select ViX from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV or Android TV Box.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Watch ViX on Android TV Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access ViX.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://vix.com/) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of ViX will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign-in button and enter your subscribed account credentials.
5. Once the home page appears, you can select and play any of the popular shows of ViX on your Android TV.
How to Cast ViX on Android TV
The ViX app has built-in cast support. With that, you can easily cast ViX from your smartphone to TV.
1. Install ViX from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open ViX on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app and it will appear on your Android TV.
How to Install ViX on Android TV Outside US
If you can’t find ViX in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you must use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of ViX APK in the URL field. Make sure that the APK link is received from reliable sources.
8. Click Go to download the ViX APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and search for your favorite media content to stream it on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- TiVo Stream 4K
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is available on the Play Store of Android TV.
Sometimes ViX might not work properly on your TV due to some issues. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you with the same.
1. Restart your Android TV or Box.
2. Uninstall ViX and then re-install it after restarting the TV.
3. Update the Android TV and ViX app to the latest version.
4. Connect to a different WiFi network
5. Clear cache on Android TV as well as the ViX app.