Viu is a popular OTT video streaming app based in Hong Kong. Viu is available in 16 countries around the world and planning to expand its network. For Android TVs and Android TV Boxes, you can install the Viu app directly from the Play Store. You can also cast the Viu app from your smartphone. The Viu app includes popular titles in a variety of different languages.
How to Install Viu for Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
2. Click on the Apps and select the Google Play Store.
3. Now, choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type Viu on the search bar using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
5. Pick the Viu app from the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button.
7. Launch the Viu app on your TV by tapping the Open button.
8. Complete the signup process.
9. Stat watching your favorite titles on your TV with Viu.
How to Get Viu for Android TV in the US
Viu is not available in the USA and the UK. If you reside in those countries, you must sideload the app on your Android TV. To do so,
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader by AFTV news app.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the list of apps and on the Install button.
4. Now, go to the Settings of your Android TV and choose the Device Preferences option.
5. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
6. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
7. Select the Downloader option and turn on the toggle.
8. Now, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
9. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
10. Enter the Viu Premium Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
11. Then, tap Install to install the Viu APK file on your Android TV Box.
12. Open the Viu app and start streaming your favorite Asian shows.
How to Cast Viu on Android TV
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. From the Google Play Store, install the Viu app on your smartphone.
3. Open the Viu app and log in to your subscribed account.
4. Play any video content from the Viu app.
5. On the playback screen, tap the Cast icon.
6. From the list that appears on your screen, select your Android TV.
7. Now, the video content will appear on your TV.
8. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and click Disconnect.
Viu offers four types of subscriptions.
- $7.98 for 30 days.
- $22.74 for 90 days.
- $43.09 for 180 days.
- $67.03 for 365 days.
All four plan offers a 7-day free trial.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- H96 Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Asked Questions
You can download the Viu app on your Samsung Smart TV that is manufactured in 2016 and above models.