If you love Asian dramas, then Rakuten Viki is the must-have app for you. With the Viki or the Rakuten Viki app, you can watch all the Asian movies, TV shows, series, and more right from the USA. Viki has its app for Android TV and Android TV Box. All the video content available in the Viki app is integrated with subtitles from 150+ languages. The Comments section is the best feature of the Viki app for Android TV. You can rate, review, and post your own comments for any video title without any restrictions.
You can stream all the Viki shows for free with ads. To get ad-free content, you have to buy a subscription. Viki offers only one subscription. Viki Pass costs $4.99 per month with a 7-day free trial. With the Viki Pass, you will get HD-quality content with Chromecast support.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install Viki on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and go to the Apps section.
2. From the Apps section, launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Type Viki and search for the app.
5. Pick up the Viki app from the app search suggestions.
6. Tap the Install button.
7. After the installation, tap the Open button.
How to Activate Viki on Android TV
1. When you launch the Viki app on your TV, you will get the activation screen.
2. There are two ways to activate the Viki app. Scan the QR code on your smartphone to get the activation website. If you don’t have a smartphone, go to the Viki activation website (viki.com/androidtv)
3. Sign in with your account if asked. Then, enter the code in the text box and click the Link Now button.
4. Now, the Viki app will be activated on your Android TV. You can watch all the Asian shows on your TV.
How to Sideload Viki on Android TV
If you can’t find the Viki app on the Play Store, you can sideload the app to your Android TV.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon from the search results.
4. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Now, open the Settings menu on your TV and choose Device Preferences.
6. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
7. Select the Unknown Sources feature.
8. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
9. Then, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. As soon as a prompt appears, click on the Allow option.
11. Download the AFTVnews Plugin by entering the URL (browser.aftvnews.com) in the Search bar.
12. Then, enter the Viki Android TV APK URL or Viki Android TV Mod APK URL.
13. Select the Go option to download the APK file.
14. Install the Viki app by tapping the Install button.
15. Open the Viki app and stream all the shows on your TV. If you are unable to open the app, get the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open APK files.
How to Chromecast Viki on Android TV
You can also cast the Viki app on your Android TV only if you have a Viki Pass subscription.
1. Connect both your Android TV and your Android smartphone device to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install the Viki app from the Google Play Store on the Android smartphone.
3. Open the Viki app and sign in to your account.
4. Play any video from the Viki app and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list.
6. Finally, you can enjoy watching the video title on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
You can easily access Viki on one or more of the following devices.
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Google TV
- Android phone
- Google Chromecast
- Web Browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, similar to Android TV, you can install the app on your Google TV from the Play Store.
Yes, both are the same streaming platform delivering Asian movies and TV shows.