VidMate is a savior for social media users to download their favorite videos and reels. It is completely free to download the videos on the VidMate app. You can get this app on your Android TV to download the videos and watch them instantly on your TV screen. Though the VidMate app is unavailable in the Play Store, you can sideload the VidMate apk file through the Downloader app.
The VidMate app has a simple interface for easy access to download whatever videos you want. The supported audio formats are 128K – MP4A, 128K – MP3, 48K – MP3, and 256K MP3. Along with the downloading feature, it also has an MP3 converter option to change the format of media files. Moreover, the offline share option will let you share videos with your friends.
We have covered the sideloading steps of VidMate on your Android TV in a simple manner. In addition to that, you can find the steps to download the Videos on the VidMate app and a few tips to troubleshoot the app if required.
How to Sideload VidMate APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the VidMate app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to download media content from all popular social platforms.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for VidMate APK latest version: bit.ly/3R1eAsj
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the VidMate app and download the videos you want to stream offline.
How to Download Videos on Android TV through Vidmate
1. When you open the app, you will get permission prompts to access your Android TV library.
2. Click Allow to give all the permissions.
3. Now, you will get VidMate’s home screen.
4. On the Search bar, enter the video link that you want to download.
5. Click the drop-down button and choose the video quality.
6. Then, tap the Download button to download the video to your TV’s offline library.
VidMate Supported Sites
As said earlier, you can download videos from almost all video hosting platforms. Some of the video-sharing platforms are mentioned below.
You must have heard about TikTok, the most installed app on the Google Play Store. Moreover, TikTok is used by more people to download videos. It contains an in-build search icon to search for a specific video. You can download TikTok on Android TV using the Downloader app.
You can get the official YouTube app on Android TV from the Play Store. You can browse all your desired videos, and you will also get personal recommendations based on the videos that you are watching. But, YouTube doesn’t offer built-in access to download videos directly to our internal memory. In such cases, use VidMate to download those videos for offline streaming on the external player.
Instagram, from Meta, has a lot of short videos in the name of Reels. You can download all those Reels on your Android TV using the VidMate app. Instagram on Android TV allows the user to create, share, and post videos easily.
Though the videos on Twitter are minimal, there is no offline download feature available on the platform. Using the VidMate app, you can download videos from Twitter too. Paste the Twitter video link on the VidMate app and watch the Twitter video on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Not Working Issues of VidMate on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the VidMate app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while using it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the VidMate application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the VidMate app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Yes. But, installing the Vidmate app on Android TV should be done by using the sideloading method as it is not available on the Play Store.
The latest version of VidMate APK is v 5.1508
Yes. Depending upon the original source, Vidmate lets you download videos from various platforms in HD quality, including 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 4K resolution.