Social media platforms like YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram don’t offer a direct way to download videos offline. With the VidMate APK app, you can download videos from any social media platform to your offline library. By installing the VidMate APK on your Android TV, you can easily download your favorite YouTube video and watch them offline. But, the app is not available on the Play Store. You need to sideload the app on your Android TV.
VidMate APK Features
- You can download videos to your offline library from any of the video-sharing platforms without any restrictions.
- Using the VidMate app, you can also download the status and stories kept by your friends.
- One of the special features is that you can convert videos into audio format. The supported audio formats are 128K – MP4A, 128K – MP3, 48K – MP3, and 256K MP3.
- You can watch or listen to more media sources online.
- You can download the videos for free.
How to Sideload VidMate APK on Android TV
To sideload the VidMate APK on your Android TV, you have to install the Downloader app and Sideload Launcher on your Android TV.
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Using the Search icon, search for the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
4. Once the installation process is over, the Open button will appear in place of the Install button.
5. Don’t launch the Downloader app. Go back to the Android TV home screen.
Change Android TV Settings
You have to change some of the settings on your Android TV to sideload the VidMate app.
1. On your Android TV Settings page, go to the Device and Preference option.
2. From there, go to Security and Restrictions option.
3. In the Install Unknown Apps section, you can see a tiny switch that is placed near the Downloader app.
4. Enable the Downloader toggle.
Sideload VidMate APK
1. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL of the AFTVnews Plugin (browser.aftvnews.com) and click the Go button to download the plugin.
3. Then, enter the VidMate Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
4. Then, download the APK file and tap the Install button.
5. Open the VidMate APK and download all the videos to your offline library.
6. If you can’t find the app, open the Sideload Launcher app and launch the VidMate app.
Use VidMate to Download Videos on Android TV
1. When you open the app, you will get permission prompts to access your Android TV library.
2. Click Allow to give all the permissions.
3. Now, you will get VidMate’s home screen.
4. On the Search bar, enter the video link that you want to download.
5. Click the drop-down button and choose the video quality.
6. Then, tap the Download button to download the video to your TV’s offline library.
VidMate Supported Sites
As said earlier, you can download videos from almost all video hosting platforms. Some of the video-sharing platforms are mentioned below.
You must have heard about TikTok, the most installed app on the Google Play Store. Moreover, TikTok is used by more people to download videos. It contains an in-build search icon to search for a specific video. You can download TikTok on Android TV using the Downloader app.
You can get the official YouTube app on Android TV from the Play Store. You can browse all your desired videos and you will also get personal recommendations based on the videos that you are watching. Though YouTube offers offline downloads, you can’t access them in your offline library.
Instagram, from Meta, has a lot of short videos in the name of Reels. You can download all those Reels on your Android TV using the VidMate app. Instagram on Android TV allows the user to create, share, and post videos easily.
Though the videos on Twitter are minimal, there is no offline download feature available on the platform. Using the VidMate app, you can download videos from Twitter too. Paste the Twitter video link on the VidMate app and watch the Twitter video o your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
The latest version of VidMate APK is v 5.0952