When you plan to watch regional entertainment content on your Android TV, Vi Movies and TV is the best option in India. Though the app is incompatible with the Android TV, you can stream the app on your TV through sideloading. You can stream the content from 13+ languages on this app. The Vi telecom phone number is enough to access the content on this app for free.
Vi Movies & TV offers 400+ live TV channels and 8500+ movies. It also offers Premium content based on the Prepaid/ postpaid plan. With the Vi Movies & TV app on your Android TV, you can watch popular content from Viacom 18, Voot Select, Lionsgate Play, Sun NXT, Hungama, Discovery, Yupp TV, and more.
This article guides you on how to sideload the app on your Android TV since there is no standalone subscription available for the Vi Movies and TV app on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Vi Movies and TV on Android TV
The Vi Movies and TV app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Vi Movies and TV APK (https://bit.ly/3Dt7SCQ) in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install to install the Vi Movies and TV app.
How to Activate Vi Movies & TV on Android TV
To activate the app, you need to have a valid active Vi number. If not, you can’t activate the app.
1. Launch the app on your TV from the home screen. If you can’t find the app, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open sideloaded apps.
2. You will get the Sign In screen. Enter your Vi mobile number.
3. Enter the OTP received to verify your account.
4. Now, you will get all the video content available on the internet.
5. Now, you can enjoy on-demand content from top streaming partners.
How to Watch Vi Movies and TV Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Vi Movies and TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://moviesandtv.myvi.in/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Profile icon at the top right corner and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Vi Movies and TV to Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app/access the website on Android TV, then you can screen mirror its app from your Android smartphone to your TV screen.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Vi Movies and TV website or download the app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play the video content on the Vi Moveis and TV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, Vi Movies and TV is a safer app to use, and the app is recognized by the Data Security Council.
No, The Vi Movies and TV app is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones. You can screen mirror the app through the SmartThings app.