Udemy is one of the best online learning sites, with both free and paid courses available in various disciplines. It is always preferable to watch online video classes on a bigger screen, such as TV than a smartphone. You can get the Udemy courses on your Android TV through a browser or sideloading since there is no official app support for Android TV.
Udemy has tutors providing the best classes on the given topic around the world. It also supports offline streaming of video classes on your Android TV. Udemy has courses in 75 different languages along with subtitles support. You can find categories like Web Development, Marketing, Graphic Design, Photography, Business, and Music. Only a few courses are based on academics.
This article discusses all the possible ways to access Udemy courses on Android TV/ Android TV boxes. You can also cast the Udemy online lectures to your TV from your smartphone since it has Cast support.
How to Watch Udemy on Android TV Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the [platform].
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.udemy.com/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Log In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Udemy on Android TV
The Udemy app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Udemy APK (https://bit.ly/3qE6ZRO) in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast Udemy on Android TV
The Udemy app is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Udemy app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Udemy app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video class content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV
You can use the Udemy platform for free. You can buy individual courses for a one-time payment. The courses start from $14.99. Based on the author and the course, the pricing differs.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Like the Udemy app, you must sideload the Coursera app on Android TV.
Yes, you can use the Udemy platform on multiple devices and continue where you left off.