E-learning is the modern way of learning new things. There are a lot of e-learning platforms around the world. For Android TV, only a few of them, Udemy and Coursera, are available. With the web browser on your Android TV, you can access the Udemy platform. You can sideload the Udemy app using its APK file or cast the app using your smartphone.
How to Stream Udemy on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to a stable internet connection.
2. Next, launch a web browser on your Android TV.
3. Go to the Udemy website and sign in to your Udemy account.
4. The courses that you have brought in the past will appear. Choose the course that you want.
5. Play the video and learn them on your TV.
Udemy has courses in 75 different languages along with subtitles support. Most of the courses on Udemy are based on job-related. You can find categories like Web Development, Marketing, Graphic Design, Photography, Business, and Music. Only a few courses are based on academics.
How to Sideload Udemy on Android TV
With the Udemy website, you will have navigation and playback troubles. In that case, you can sideload the app on your Android TV. To sideload the Udemy app, you need to use any of the third-party installers like Downloader. Using third-party installers, you can get the Udemy app by its APK download URL.
1. Connect the Android TV to a strong WiFi network.
2. Select the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Select the Downloader app from the app suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Then, open the Settings menu on your Android TV and choose the Device Preferences option.
6. Click on the Security & Restrictions feature.
7. Select the Unknown Sources option.
8. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
9. Launch the Downloader app on Android TV.
10. Click on the Allow option when asked.
11. Click the Search bar and enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browser.aftvnews.com). This will download the AFTVnews plugin.
12. Then, type the Udemy Android TV APK URL (https://bit.ly/3qE6ZRO) in the Downloader app.
13. Start downloading the Udemy APK by clicking on the GO option.
14. Install the Udemy app on your TV by tapping the Install button.
15. Launch the Udemy app and sign in to your account.
16. Now, you can start learning Udemy courses on your TV.
How to Cast Udemy on Android TV
1. Ensure that your Android/iOS device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Android TV.
3. Click on the My Courses screen and then play the course video you want.
4. Tap the Cast icon on the top of your screen. For iPhones or iPads, click the AirPlay icon.
5. Now, you need to choose your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. Within a few minutes, the video from the Udemy app will appear on your Android TV.
7. Now, you can watch all your Udemy classes on your TV.
You can use the Udemy platform for free. You can buy individual courses for a one-time payment. The courses start from $14.99. Based on the author and the course, the pricing differs.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV STREAMS
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- H96 Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
Like the Udemy app, you must sideload the Coursera app on Android TV.
Yes, you can use the Udemy platform on multiple devices and continue where you left off.