Are you searching for a secure browser for your Android TV? You can get UC Browser for your smart TV. Currently, the UC Browser app is unavailable in the Play Store for installation on your Android TV. Yet, you can sideload the app on your Android TV using Downloader. Also, you can screen mirror the UC Browser app on your smartphone to your TV.
UC Browser has an advanced search engine for high-speed browsing without any lags. You can use this browser on your Android TV to download the videos from streaming sites at a faster download rate. It has incognito mode for log-free browsing and night mode for surfing the internet in low-light conditions. You can use an inbuilt ad block to remove the ads on the web pages.
We have covered the entire steps involved in sideloading the UC Browser on your Android TV. In case you have to look behind the UC Browser, you can check out the alternatives mentioned below.
How to Sideload UC Browser APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the UC Browser app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of UC Browser APK latest version: bit.ly/3EBfeoN
13. Click Go to download the UC Browser APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the UC Browser app and surf the streaming website or other web pages on your TV.
How to Cast UC Browser on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the UC Browser app, then you need to use the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone to use the app on your TV screen.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Install the UC Browser app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and search for web pages in the UC Browser.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the UC Browser will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
UC Browser Alternatives
If you feel that UC Browser isn’t for you, you can switch over to some other platform to access or stream streaming sites. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to the UC Browser.
Yes. Though the UC Browser app is unavailable in the Google Play Store, you can sideload the app on your Android TV through Downloader.
As of September 2023, the latest version of the UC Browser is 188.8.131.526.