UC Browser is one of the popular web browsers for Android TV. In the Play Store, you will get only limited web browsers for Android TV. If you want to use UC Browser, you have to sideload it on your Android TV. With the UC Browser on your Android TV or Android TV Box, you can surf the internet without any trouble.
How to Sideload UC Browser on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader.
3. Select the Downloader app from the app suggestions.
4. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Now, open the Settings app on your Android TV.
6. Choose the Device Preferences option.
7. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
8. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
9. Enable the Install Unknown Apps toggle for the Downloader app.
10. Now, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
11. Click the Allow option to give the necessary permissions.
12. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browsers.aftvnews.com) and download the plugin.
13. Then, type the UC Browser Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
14. Download the APK file for the UC Browser app.
15. Tap the Install button to get the UC Browser APK on your TV.
16. Wait for the installation to complete and then launch the UC Browser on your TV.
17. Surf the internet with ease.
As the web browser is not developed for big TV screens, you may experience some navigation issues while using the TV remote. In that case, you can use the Mouse toggle on Android TV for quick navigation.
UC Browser Features
Though UC Browser is not officially available for Android TV, there are plenty of features in the browser that you can access on your TV.
- You will get 20GB of free cloud storage to download and store your media files.
- With the Data Saving Mode, you can save your mobile data. The browser can block ad trackers and website proxies.
- Apart from browsing, you can play games, check cricket scores, and download WhatsApp Stories using the built-in plugins.
- When playing videos, you can enable the Picture-in-Picture mode and surf the internet.
- Using Facebook Mode, you can watch Facebook videos on Android TV and check your feeds swiftly, even with low internet.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
As of now (12th November 2022), the latest version of the UC Browser is V220.127.116.116