Twitter is a popular American social networking app used across the world. It was launched in the year 2006. Like any other social networking app, Twitter lets you connect to an online community. The Twitter app lets the users upload posts and messages commonly referred to as Tweets. Users can also like, post, and retweet on other posts. The tweets on Twitter can have a maximum of 280 words or a video of 140 seconds. In addition, you can add pictures, gifs, and links to your Tweet. If you are a user of Twitter, the following section will help you access the app on an Android TV.
Twitter is an app that you can download and access for free. However, Twitter has an additional subscription tier called Twitter Blue. With that, you get additional features, including Bookmark folders, Reader Mode, and Undo Tweet. In the US, Twitter Blue can charge you $3 per month.
Twitter on Android TV
Twitter doesn’t have an official app on the Android TV platform. So, let’s find out how to add and access Twitter on your TV easily.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Access Twitter on Android TV
Since we don’t have an official Twitter app on the Android TV platform, we need to sideload it to your Android TV.
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and then launch Google Play Store.
2. Make use of the Search icon to search for the Downloader.
3. Pick the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Click on the Install button to start downloading the app.
5. Within a few minutes, the app will install on your device.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. After installing the app, launch the Settings menu from the Android TV home screen.
2. From the Settings menu, choose the Security & Restrictions > Unknown Sources option.
3. Navigate to the Downloader option from the Settings menu.
4. After picking up the Downloader app from the menu, enable it using the toggle.
Downloading Twitter on Android TV
1. Launch the Downloader app and click on Allow option as soon as a prompt appears.
2. Type in the Twitter apk URL.
3. Click on the Go option to download the Twitter apk file.
4. As soon as the app download is over, install the Twitter app on your TV.
5. Once the app installation completes, open the Twitter app on your TV.
6. Sign in to your Twitter account with proper credentials.
Screen Mirror Twitter on Android TV
1. Initially, connect your Android TV and Android smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install Twitter on your Android device from Google Play Store.
3. Pull down the notification panel on your Android device and click on the Cast or Smart View option.
4. From the list of devices on your screen, pick up your Android TV.
5. The Android device screen will start to mirror on the TV.
6. Launch the Twitter app, and the same app will appear on the TV screen.
7. Finally, you can access Twitter on your device.
Other Supported Devices
You can access Twitter on the following.
- Android phone
- Windows PC
- Microsoft Edge browser
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- UC Browser
- Samsung Internet Browser
Related – Install Facebook Watch on Android TV to stream your Facebook videos on Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a Twitter app for Android TV?
If you wish, you can access Twitter on your Android TV by sideloading the Twitter app from a trusted third-party site.
2. Can I get Twitter on my TV?
Yes. You can easily download the Twitter app from an unknown source with Downloader.
3. Can I get Twitter on my TV?
Twitter APK can be accessed on your Android TV by downloading it from a trusted third-party site.