Twitch is a live-streaming platform popularly known for gaming. In addition to gaming, you can stream videos from different categories, such as sports, podcasts, cooking shows, IRL streams, etc. Android TV users can directly install the Twitch app from the Play Store. As Twitch is a cast-supported app, you can also cast the Twitch videos to the TV from your Android Phone. Alternatively, you can sideload the Twitch APK on Android TV using the Downloader app.
As Twitch is a gaming-focused streaming service, you can watch gameplay videos, discuss game tactics, live stream your games, and much more. It also has a chat feature to interact with other live-streaming gamers. Twitch is an earning platform for a lot of gamers and digital content creators.
This article will teach you how to install and activate the Twitch app on your Android TV. In addition, we have included a troubleshooting guide if the Twitch app frequently flickers or buffers on Android TV.
How to Install Twitch on Android TV from Play Store
1. Navigate to the home screen on your Android TV and click Apps.
2. Open the Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Twitch in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select the Twitch app from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the application.
How to Activate Twitch on Android TV
After installation, you need to activate the Twitch platform on your TV.
1. Open the Twitch app on your Android TV.
2. Click Login to get the activation code.
3. Now, navigate to the Twitch activation website (www.twitch.tv/activate) on your smartphone or PC browser.
4. Enter the code and click the Activate button. Choose Android TV from the Devices drop-down menu.
5. Complete the sign-in process using your Twitch account credentials.
6. Now, the Twitch app will be activated on your Android TV. Enjoy watching all the gaming content on a big screen.
How to Sideload Twitch APK on Android TV
Sometimes, the Twitch application will not be available on the Play Store due to geo-restrictions. To install the app, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions prompted by the app.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Twitch APK’s latest version: https://bit.ly/3REzeii
13. Hit Go to get the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Twitch app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch Twitch Using Browser
Twitch has a dedicated webpage with a huge media library of movies and series. As the simplest way, you can access the Twitch platform on your TV through its web version. To do it, you have to use any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (www.twitch.tv) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials.
5. Now, you can access your favorite content on the Android TV.
How to Cast Twitch on Android TV
The Twitch application has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast Twitch from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install Twitch from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. Similarly, you must also connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open Twitch on your smartphone and log in to your account.
4. Play any content you want and click the Cast icon on the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, stream the Twitch content on the TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Twitch Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Twitch application is not working properly on your Android TV, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV has a stable internet connection.
- Check the server outage of Twitch using the Downdetector platform.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Twitch.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact Twitch’s customer support to solve the problem.
If you are unsatisfied with the Twitch application, then you can move to another platform to stream the gaming content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution for Twitch.
Yes, you can watch various gaming live streams and other videos on Twitch for free of cost. But for more advanced features, you must get a premium subscription.
Yes, Twitch supports limited ads while streaming the videos on its platform. But you can use the ad-free extension or ad-blocker to prevent the annoying ads.