Turbo VPN is a secure VPN service available for Android-based devices, including Android TV. So, you can install this VPN on your TV directly from the Play Store or sideload its apk file if you can’t find the app on the store. It is suitable for offices, schools, and homes to protect your privacy and public Wi-Fi networks and is developed with AES-128-bit encryption.
In this tutorial, we shall discuss the two different ways to install Turbo VPN on Android TV with step-by-step guidelines.
Table of Contents
Turbo VPN is a freemium app, so you can use this VPN for free with many limitations. To get all the additional features of this VPN, you have to buy its premium tier from its official website.
How to Install Turbo VPN on Android TV from the Play Store
1. First of all, turn on your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Launch the Google Play store and tap on the search bar.
3. Using the virtual keyboard, enter Turbo VPN and search for it.
4. Choose Turbo VPN from the suggestions list and tap the Install option.
5. Wait until it gets installed. Then, click Open to launch the app.
6. Login with your registered username and password if necessary.
7. Choose a server that you want to connect to.
8. Tap on the connect option to start using the VPN.
Fantastic! Turbo VPN is activated on your Android TV. So start browsing your favorite websites without any restrictions.
How to Sideload Turbo VPN APK on Android TV
If you can’t find the Turbo VPN app on the Play Store of Android TV, then you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to connect to the location wherever you want.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Turbo VPN APK latest version: bit.ly/48wGOAr
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Turbo VPN app and enjoy hassle-free internet surfing on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
Mi Box 4K
Turbo VPN Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Turbo VPN app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like app freezing, improper connectivity, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Turbo VPN accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Turbo VPN Alternatives
If you feel that Turbo VPN isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to use the VPN service. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Turbo VPN.
Yes, you can install this VPN application on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.
Canada, Germany, India, Netherlands, Singapore, New York, NY, and San Francisco are the available Turbo VPN server locations.