Travel Channel or Trvl Channel is an American TV channel from Discovery Inc. The content on Travel Channel includes documentaries, reality, and shows that help you with how-to-do things. You can find interesting shows relating to safaris, grand hotels, resorts, cities, towns, foods, and paranormal shows. The Travel Channel is a complete package of entertainment. In this section, we shall discuss more in detail about the Travel Channel and add it to your Android TV.
Some of the popular shows on Travel Channel include The Dead Files, Destination Fear, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Brothers, Kindred Spirits, and Paranormal Caught on Camera. Being in the Discovery Network, Travel Channel has a lot of popular sister channels. The sister channels of Travel Channel include Animal Planet, Destination America, Discovery Channel, Food Network, TLC, ID, and HGTV.
- Travel Channel doesn’t have any individual subscription plans.
- You only need a TV Provider subscription to get access to the content in the Travel Channel app.
- Popular TV Provider services with Travel Channel include Philo, Hulu + Live TV, and Sling TV.
- Additionally, you can watch shows from Travel Channel in the Discovery Plus app if you have a subscription.
Travel Channel on Android TV
Travel Channel has its own version of the app on Android TV that you can download, Travel Channel GO. Let’s find out all the possible ways to access the Travel Channel Go app.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add Travel Channel on Android TV
1. First, turn on your Android TV and connect to your internet.
2. Select the Apps tab and launch Google Play Store from your home screen.
3. Further, choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type in Travel Channel GO on the search bar using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
5. Select the Travel Channel GO app icon from among the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button to start downloading the app.
7. Wait for the download of the Travel Channel GO app to finish.
8. Further, launch the channel on your TV and get the Travel Channel Activation Code.
9. Using a PC or smartphone, go to the Travel Channel Activation website.
10. Enter the Activation code and select the Activate! button.
11. Enter the credentials of your TV Provider.
12. Finally, start streaming your favorite shows from the Travel Channel app on your TV.
Alternative Method: Cast Travel Channel on Android TV
1. Firstly, connect both your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Next, install Travel Channel GO from either the Play Store or App Store.
3. Open the Travel Channel GO app after installing it and sign in to your account.
4. Select any video of your choice from the app and start playing it.
5. Further, tap on the Cast icon on your app screen.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices.
7. Finally, the Travel Channel video will start casting on your TV.
How to Add Travel Channel on Android TV outside the US
If you are outside the US, you can’t find the Travel Channel Go app in the Play Store. Therefore, you need to sideload the Travel Channel app from a third-party source to your Android TV.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Travel Channel Go using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and then launch the Google Play Store.
2. Choose the Search icon and then type in Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search results and click on the Install button to download the app.
Enabling Unknown Sources
1. Open the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
2. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Further, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
Installing Travel Channel on Android TV using Downloader
1. Lunch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Further, click on the Allow option when prompted.
3. Type the Travel Channel Android TV APK URL in the Downloader app.
4. Click on the Go option and download the APK file for the Travel Channel app.
5. Then, tap Install to get the Travel Channel GO app on your Android TV.
6. Launch the Travel Channel app and stream all the content.
Other Supported Devices
- Apple TV [Gen 4 and later]
- Fire TV [Android 5 and later]
- Samsung Smart TV [Tizen 2 and later]
- iPhone [iOS 9 and later]
- iPad [iOS 9 and later]
- Android Mobile [OS 5 and later]
- Fire Tablet [Android 4.0.3 and later]
- Web Browsers [Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge]
- Xbox One
Frequently Asked Questions
Travel Channel Go is a free app with your TV Provider.
No, Netflix doesn’t provide any of the Travel Channel content in its platform.