On your Android TVs and Android TV Boxes, you may download movies, APK files, e-books, and much more. All these files will occupy the internal storage of your device. Managing all these files on the Android TV is a hefty task. To simplify this, you can install the Total Commander app on your Android TV. Total Commander is one of the best file managers for Android TV. You can use the Total Commander app in more than 15 languages, from English to Traditional Chinese.
Table of Contents
- You can copy-paste the entire directory with simple commands.
- Simple UI that makes the task easier with a single click.
- You can delete the files directly without using the recycling bin.
- You can have a built-in text editor and thumbnails for pictures.
- If you want, you can enable the Split Screen feature and use two panels side by side.
How to Sideload Total Commander on Android TV
To sideload Total Commander APK, you must install the Downloader app on Android TV. After that, slightly modify your Android TV settings to enable the Downloader app to install APKs and applications from third-party sites.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Using the Search icon, search for the Downloader app.
3. From the search results, pick up the Downloader by AFTVnews.
4. Select Download and launch the app when it gets installed.
5. Open the Settings page on your Android TV.
6. On the settings page, click on the Device Preferences option.
7. Select Securities and Restrictions and choose Unknown Sources.
8. Turn on the Downloader toggle.
9. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV and grant the necessary permissions.
10. Install the AFTVnews Plugin by using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
11. Then, enter the URL of Total Commander Android TV APK on the search box and hit Go.
12. Hit the Install button to install the APK file.
How to Use Total Commander APK on Android TV
- Select the source panel in one window and select the target in the other.
- Choose the files that you want to copy.
- Copy the selected files.
- Choose the destination where you want to paste the files.
- Click on OK to confirm the process.
- Select the files that you want to delete.
- Press the Delete icon.
- Click OK and complete the process.
Supported Android TVs
- Hisense Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box
- AT&T TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mecool Android TV Box
Yes, you can use and manage the files on the Total Commander app for free.