Turner Network Television, popularly known as TNT, is an all-in-one streaming platform for exclusive movies, TV series, documentaries, and more. It has its own app called Watch TNT on the Play Store of Android TV. So, users of the Android TV can directly install it to stream its content on a bigger screen. To stream it, you need to configure a cable TV subscription on this platform.
Furthermore, you can cast the app from your smartphone as it has a built-in cast feature. In case you are living in a geo-restricted region, you need to sideload the app using Downloader. With the Watch TNT app, you can watch live sports events from NBA, NHL, and on-demand movies & TV shows.
Here, you will learn how to install and watch TNT on Android TV with the help of Play Store, Sideload, and Screen Mirror. Along with that, some generic solutions for the not-working issues of the TNT app and its alternatives are also discussed here.
Table of Contents
You don’t need any subscription or membership plans to stream TNT video content. All you need is a TV provider subscription to enjoy streaming TNT on your TV. You can unlock the TNT library by just entering your TV credentials. Here are the few popular TV providers that have TNT in their channel lineup.
- AT&T U-verse
Visit the official site of TNT to find out the complete list of TV providers streaming the TNT channel. If you haven’t opted for a TV provider, you can go for some streaming services like Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and DirecTV Stream to watch the TNT channel.
How to Install TNT on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Watch TNT in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Watch TNT from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Watch TNT app.
How to Activate TNT on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the TNT platform on your TV.
1. Open the Watch TNT app on your Android TV.
2. Note down the activation code displayed on the screen of your Android TV.
3. Now, go to the TNT Activation Website (tntdrama.com/activate) on your smartphone or PC.
4. Select the Android TV device and click the Continue button.
5. Enter the Activation Code in the respective box and click the Submit button.
6. Sign in to your TV Provider Subscription on the website.
7. Now, the Watch TNT app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content on your TV.
How to Install TNT on Android TV Outside USA
If you can’t find TNT in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader app on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.[
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of TNT APK latest version: bit.ly/3EU5t5n
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the TNT app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch TNT Using Browser
TNT has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the TNT platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (tntdrama.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Choose your TV Provider and sign in to the account.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast TNT on Android TV
The TNT app has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the TNT from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the Watch TNT app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV/ Box to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the TNT app on your mobile and log in with your TV provider.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content will appear on your Smart TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
TNT Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the TNT app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for TNT accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that TNT isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream exclusive movies and other media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to TNT.
Yes. TNT is natively available on the Play Store of Android TV. So, you can easily download and install it on your TV without any hassle.
Yes. If you have an active cable TV Provider account, you can stream any media content on the TNT network for completely free on your Android Smart TV.
Yes, with the YouTube TV app on your Android TV, you can access the TNT channel.