If you want to watch short videos on dance, food, and lifestyle on TV, TikTok for Android TV is the best choice ever. This application is completely free to use and can be installed from the Google Play Store. Besides installing, you can also watch TikTok videos by either visiting its webpage or screen mirroring the app on your TV. With the TikTok app, you can follow your favorite stars, browse for categories, and watch liked videos on TV as it is well-optimized for viewing on a big screen.
Though TikTok is popular worldwide, it has been banned in countries like Australia, Russia, Pakistan, India, the UK, France, and more. Therefore, the TikTok for Android TV app won’t be available in the Play Store due to geo-restrictions. If you are residing in those regions, you can use the Downloader app to sideload the TikTok APK file from a trusted third-party website.
Here, you’re going to learn about the steps for installing, sideloading, web surfing, and screen mirroring the PBS app on your Android TV.
How to Install TikTok for Android TV using Play Store
1. Connect Android TV to WIFI once you have turned on your TV.
2. Click Apps on the home screen and open Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. By using the on-screen keyboard, search for TikTok for Android TV.
5. Select the TikTok for Android TV from the search suggestions.
6. Click the Install button to start installing the app.
7. Tap Open to launch the app on your TV.
8. If you don’t wish to log in, click Watch Now to proceed.
Finally, explore trending artists and play their TikTok videos on the TV. You get VidMate Apk on Android TV to save the videos.
How to Watch TikTok on Android TV Using a Web Browser
1. Firstly, launch the browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter (tv.tiktok.com/activate) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. Tap Log in with existing account.
Tip: If you don’t have an account, click Create a new account and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Click on the Use QR code. Now open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
5. Click the Scan button on the top right to scan a QR code and log in.
6. Tap Confirm. Now you will receive an activation code on the TV screen.
7. Enter the activation code to activate your account and then you can start playing TikTok videos.
How to Sideload TikTok for Android TV Using Downloader
Those residing in the TikTok-banned countries can access TikTok by sideloading the apk file. For that, you need to install the Downloader app on Android TV. You can find this app officially on the Google Play Store. After installing the Downloader app, you have to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources on TV settings.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of TikTok APK: bit.ly/3QRjA2d
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the TikTok app and Start watching your favorite TikTok videos on a big screen.
How to Cast TikTok Videos to Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to the same WiFi network as your Android smartphone.
2. On your smartphone, install the Google Home app if you don’t have one.
3. Wait for the download to finish and then launch the Google Home app on your phone.
4. Click on the Menu icon and choose the Cast Screen / Audio option.
5. Further, click on the Cast Screen /Audio button so that your device will search for available devices.
6. Next, select your Android TV from the list of devices on your screen.
7. Within a few minutes, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to the TV.
8. Further, launch the TikTok app on your phone and start watching short videos on a big screen.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
MI Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Fix Not Working Issues of TikTok on Android TV
If the TikTok app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the TikTok application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the TikTok app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that TikTok isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the short videos. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to TikTok.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The official TikTok app is natively available to install and stream on Android TV in the name of TikTok for Android TV.
Yes, The TikTok app is also supported for Google TV. You can download the app from the Play Store and sign in to your account to play videos on your TV.