TIDAL Music is a high-quality music streaming service that offers 90+ million songs, podcasts, music videos, and more. You can install the TIDAL Music app on your Android TV right from the Play Store. Apart from this direct installation, you can listen to TIDAL Music through three different methods, such as sideloading its apk, casting the app, and visiting its webplayer page.
Since TIDAL is a premium platform, you should pay for any of its subscription plans to access its music library after installing it. Among all the music streaming apps available for Android TV, TIDAL Music offers the most number of audio formats. Moreover, TIDAL is the only music platform that offers songs in MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) format.
This article deals with the ways to stream TIDAL Music on your Android TV. In case you are looking for other similar services, you can check out the alternatives below.
Table of Contents
Spotify offers two types of subscriptions, each consisting of four categories of membership plans. You can get any of them from the Spotify website.
|Family (6 Members)
|Family (6 Members)
How to Install and Listen to TIDAL on Android TV
1. Launch the home screen on the Android TV and click on the Apps tab.
2. Open the Google Play Store and select the Search bar.
3. Enter TIDAL on the search bar and look for it.
4. From the results, click on the TIDAL Music app icon.
5. Click on the Install option to start downloading.
6. Once the app gets installed, click on Open.
7. You will get an activation code on the TV screen.
8. Visit the TIDAL Activation website link.tidal.com using your smartphone or PC. Sign in to your TIDAL account if asked.
9. Enter the activation code and click the Continue button.
10. Once it gets verified, the app will be activated on your TV.
11. You can now listen to your favorite music, podcasts, or music videos.
How to Cast TIDAL on Android TV
The TIDAL is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Crunchyroll from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Launch TIDAL Music and follow the on-screen prompts to sign in.
4. Play a song from the TIDAL Music app.
5. Tap the Sound Output icon.
6. On the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
7. The TIDAL Music content will play on the TV screen.
How to Install TIDAL on Android TV Outside the USA
If you can’t find TIDAL in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.[
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link for the latest version of TIDAL APK: bitly.ws/33jWd
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the TIDAL app and watch your desired media content.
How to Listen to TIDAL Using Browser
Spotify has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of numerous musical tracks and podcasts. You can access the Spotify website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://listen.tidal.com/) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Select your favorite musical track from the available list and listen to it on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and TV Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Not Working Issues of TIDAL on Android TV
If the TIDAL app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the TIDAL application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the TIDAL app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that TIDAL isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream anime content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to TIDAL.
Yes, TIDAL is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV to download and use it directly.
TIDAL HiFi will work on Android TV from version 6 and above. If you are using the older version, update your Android TV.