Are you looking for the best channel with accurate weather reports for your Android TV? Then, adding The Weather Channel to your TV will be one of the best choices for you. The Weather Channel app on your Android TV brings you quick updates with in-depth forecasts. All these details are updated every day and every hour as needed. Also, you can get real sweat and umbrella indexes in the app in the rain forecast. Additionally, the app gives you alerts relating to floods, weather, temperature, quality of air, and pollution.
With the rain forecasts of The Weather Channel, keep yourself aware of the weather for the next two weeks. So, you can schedule your activities properly with these local weather updates. Additionally, you can get data relating to tides and phases of the moon on The Weather Channel.
Table of Contents
The Weather Channel app can be accessed for free using your live TV provider. If your live TV provider is not offering the channel, you can buy The Weather Channel subscription worth $2.99 per month. If you are a new user, you can get a 7-day free trial to test the services. You can buy the subscription from the Weather Channel website.
The Weather Channel on Android TV
In the early days, The Weather Channel app doesn’t have an official Android TV app. On May 2022, the app was released for Android TVs, Samsung Smart TVs, and other streaming devices. With that, you can easily install the app directly from the Play Store.
How to Install The Weather Channel on Android TV
1. On your Android TV, go to the Apps section.
2. Choose the Google Play Store icon to open the app.
3. Click the Search icon on the Play Store to get the on-screen keyboard.
4. Search for the Weather Channel app on your TV.
5. Select the app and tap the Install button to get the app on your TV.
6. After the installation, tap the Open button to launch the app.
7. Sign in with your TV provider subscription or the Weather Channel account.
8. Get all the weather reports on your location. Apart from weather reports, you can also watch series that are related to climate change and weather forecasts in the app.
Alternate Way to Get Weather Channel on Android TV
If you are using the same account on Android TV and Android smartphone, you can install apps on your Android TV remotely. To do so,
1. Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone and search for the Weather Channel app.
2. Click the This device drop-down menu and choose your Android TV.
3. Now, select the Weather Channel app and tap the Install button.
4. If your Android TV is connected to WiFi, the app will be installed on your TV.
5. Open the Weather Channel app and see the weather forecasts.
How to Sideload The Weather Channel on Android TV
If you can’t install the app from the Play Store, you can sideload the app on your Android TV. For that, you need to follow the below steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Install The Weather Channel using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
As we need to sideload The Weather Channel, we need to use an application called Downloader. This app will help you download any third-party app to your Android TV easily. You can find this app on the Play Store, and it is free to download and use.
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store to search for an app.
3. Search for the Downloader by the AFTV news app.
4. Further, select the Downloader app from the search results that appear on your screen.
5. Finally, click on the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
Enable Unknown Sources
The Android TV doesn’t let you add third-party apps into it with its default settings. So, you need to make changes to these default settings and then install apps from unknown sources. Follow these steps on your TV.
1. Firstly, open the Settings menu from your home screen.
2. Click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Further, select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader option and then enable it using the toggle.
Install The Weather Channel using Downloader
We have already added the Downloader app and made the necessary settings on the Android TV to sideload apps to it. So, let’s download and install The Weather Channel on it.
1. Open the Downloader app on your TV.
2. As prompted, click on the Allow option.
3. Now, enter the URL for The Weather Channel app in the URL section of the app.
4. Now, click on the Go option and download the APK file for The Weather Channel.
5. Tap the Install button to get the app on your TV.
How to Cast The Weather Channel on Android TV
If you don’t want to add The Weather Channel, you can cast the same from its website on your TV. Follow these steps to cast The Weather Channel app on your TV.
1. Start by connecting your PC and Android TV/ Chromecast on the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Chrome web browser on your PC and visit The Weather Channel website.
3. View any of the weather reports or play any video content from the website.
4. Now, click on the Customize icon with three dots, one over the other.
5. Click on the Cast icon on the menu that pops down.
6. Choose your Chromecast device from the list and then on the Sources option.
7. Further, click on the Cast Tab option.
8. Now, the content from the Weather Channel website will appear on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Philips Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV Box
- AT&T TV Box
- H96 Android TV Box
No, you can’t add widgets to the default Android TV launcher. You can use third-party launchers on Android TV to get the widget feature.