Besides messaging and calling, you can use Telegram for sending large files of up to 2 GB. As Telegram suits well for multi-purpose, many people are looking for ways to install Telegram on Android TV. But the Telegram app is only supported on smartphones, tablets, and computers. Amidst fact, you can sideload Telegram APK on Android TV using the Downloader app.
The Telegram app offers end-to-encryption for both text and calls. With Telegram on Android TV, you can securely send or receive messages and share photos, videos, and documents without any advertisements. You can stream videos and other media files on your Android TV from the Telegram app for better viewability.
In this article, you get to know how to get the Telegram app on Android TV app through sideloading. You can also find ways to access Telegram through web browsers and casting.
How to Sideload Telegram on Android TV
The Telegram app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install Downloader on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Telegram APK [https://bit.ly/45Bvyl8] in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and access the app.
How to Watch Telegram Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Telegram.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://web.telegram.org/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials and Phone number.
5. Once you are done, click on the Next option.
6. Further, click on OK to confirm your number.
7. Now, you will receive a code on your Telegram app.
8. Enter the code carefully in the respective field.
9. Click on Next, and it will complete the login process.
Now, you can access your Telegram account on your TV.
How to Cast Telegram on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app/access the website on Android TV, then you can screen mirror its app from your Android smartphone to your TV screen.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Telegram website or sideload the APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
The Telegram app is basically free to install and use. You can upgrade to premium for $4.99/month if you want to get advanced features.
There is no official Telegram app for Android TV. However, we can use sideloading method to get the app on the TV.
There is no standalone WhatsApp application for Android TVs. So, we need to sideload the app on our TV or cast it from another device.