Are you looking for a reliable VPN on your Android TV? You must try Surfshark VPN. The Surfshark VPN is one of the best VPNs to use on Android TV, as it uses fast servers in nearly 100+ countries, which assures buffer-free streaming. The added advantage of this VPN is that it is compatible even with Android TV boxes. Surfshark offers premium protection from viruses, spyware, and malware.
If you use sideloaded apps on your Android TV, you must need VPN support like Surfshark for privacy. Moreover, it surpasses the geo-restricted apps with ease and lets you access entertainment and other tools without limitations. Setting up Surfshark on a Smart TV is simple. Follow the below guide and install Surfshark within a few minutes.
How to Install Surfshark on Android TV from Play Store
1. Switch on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Surfshark in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Surfshark from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Use Surfshark on Android TV
1. After launching the app, click on Log In and enter your details. If not, click on the Create Account button.
2. On the app home page, select the Connect button to connect to the fastest server available instantly.
3. Next, accept the connection on the pop-up that appears on your screen.
4. If you want, you can set the Nearest country as default by pressing the button marked in the figure.
5. The following green Connected button indicates that you have successfully connected to the server.
6. Click the Disconnect button to stop the VPN connection.
How to Sideload Surfshark APK on Android TV
If you can’t find Surfshark in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install Downloader on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Surfshark APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Surfshark APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app.
Alternate Ways to Use Surfshark VPN on Android TV
If you have a WiFi router, you can install the Surfshark VPN on the router and connect your Android TV to the WiFi router. In this way, your Android TV will get the Surfshark VPN encrypted WiFi connection. You can contact your ISP on how to get the VPN connection from the router. Based on the brands of routers, the steps may vary.
Another method is the Windows Hotspot method. In this way, you have to install the Surfshark VPN on your Windows PC. Open the Surfshark VPN on your Windows PC and connect to any of the available servers. Then, turn on the WiFi hotspot on your Windows PC and connect your Android TV to the hotspot. In this way, your Android TV will get the VPN connection from your Windows PC.
Surfshark Pricing & Plans
Surfshark offers three different plans in different billing cycles.
|PLANS/DURATION||1 MONTH||12 MONTHS||24 MONTHS|
Note: If you are unsatisfied with the service, you can cancel the subscription anytime and claim your money back within 30 days.
Alternatives for Surfshark VPN
If the server availability and the features of Surfshark VPN don’t satisfy your needs, you can switch to the alternatives mentioned below.
NordVPN is a widely used VPN by users worldwide. The VPN offers highly secure features which easily block intrusive ads and trackers. NordVPN is compatible with almost all devices. Some of the notable features of NordVPN are remote file access, malware, protection, etc.
ExpressVPN lets you stay anonymous by hiding your identity. The VPN offers the best encryption technology, which ensures data protection at all times. Unlike other VPNs, Express VPN doesn’t store your activity logs.
IPVanish is one of the best alternatives to Surfshark VPN. It offers ultra-fast speed servers to users. With its competitive pricing, you can access geo-restricted streaming platforms, such as ESPN+, Hulu, and more seamlessly.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes. The Surfshark VPN is available for Sony Android TV and can be downloaded from the Play Store.
With a single subscription, you can connect and use unlimited devices with a Surfshark account.
Yes. Surfshark offers a 7-day free trial period to new users.
Yes, the Surfshark VPN will bypass Netflix’s geo-restrictions.