The Strix app is a popular choice for those looking for a free streaming option. Its library offers live TV, movies, TV shows, and more content. If you own an Android TV, you can have a great time exploring a vast selection of TV shows and other media content through the Strix app. However, you can’t install Strix on Android TV directly. So, Strix is accessible only by sideloading the apk file from a trusted third-party website to your Android TV.
If you don’t prefer the sideloading method, you can choose the cast option to stream Strix’s content directly from your mobile to Android TV without involving any risks. Strix doesn’t allow advertising, which means you can stream the content without any interruption in the middle.
The media content on the Striz app can be streamed in different qualities, like 360p, 720p, and 1080p. As a parent, you can enable the parental lock to prevent your kids from watching unwanted media content.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Strix Apk on Android TV
Strix doesn’t have a dedicated/official website to stream its content. So, you must install the Strix app on Android TV with the help of the sideloading tool. Here, we’ve used the Downloader application as a sideloading tool to get and install Strix on Android TV. While sideloading, ensure to sideload the apk file from trusted third-party sources.
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of Strix APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Strix APK on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content without a subscription or advertisement.
How to Cast Strix on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app on Android TV, you can screen mirror this app’s content from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Strix APK on your Android smartphone from trusted third-party sites.
3. Launch the Strix app and go through the on-screen prompts.
4. Open the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, play the game and watch it on your favorite content.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, Strix is not available on the Play Store of Android TV. To install it, you need to sideload its apk file to your TV using the above-discussed method.
1. Check your internet connection.
2. Clear cached data on Android TV for the Striz app.
3. Uninstall the older version of the Strix app and install the latest version by downloading the necessary apk file.
4. Update your Android TV firmware to the latest version (if available) and check whether the application is working.
No. It is illegal as it streams several copyrighted content for free.
The code for the Strix apk is 229156.