STIRR is a popular American media streaming service that offers a wide variety of content. STIRR has its own application available on all popular streaming devices, including Android TV. So, it is simple to download and stream this app for Android TV users. Besides this legal approach, you can also get Stirr on your TV in three distinct ways, such as visiting its webpage, sideloading its apk, and screen mirroring the app.
This ad-based video streaming app offers 100+ channels in various genres like entertainment, music, local channels, news, sports, and more. Notably, it streams monster mayhem, sci-fi cult classics, and action movies. In addition, STIRR streams music concerts featuring trending stars from LiveXLive. Moreover, STIRR has rom-com shows, stand-ups, and comedy shows that you might love.
Our curated guide provides step-by-step instructions to install and stream STIRR on Android TV. It also includes the troubleshooting tips and alternatives to this app for your extra information.
Table of Contents
How to Install Stirr on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Stirr in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Stirr from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Stirr app.
7. Sign in to the app with the valid credentials or sign up with the new account.
8. Navigate to select and play whatever content you want on your TV screen.
How to Watch Stirr Using Browser
Stirr has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of numerous media content. You can access the Stirr website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://stirr.com/) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Select your favorite media content from the available options and enjoy streaming.
How to Install Stirr on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find Stirr in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Stirr APK: bitly.ws/YFTr
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Stirr app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast Stirr on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Stirr APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Stirr APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Stirr app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Nvidia Shield TV Pro
Ematic Android TV Box
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Stirr on Android TV
If the Stirr app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the Stirr application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the Stirr app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Stirr isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Stirr.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The official app for Stirr is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV.
With STIRR TV, you can get more than 100 live TV channels with their broadcasting schedules on your Android TV.