Starz is a popular American cable and satellite streaming platform that utilize to watch a lot of on-demand media content and live shows on your Android TV. Fortunately, the Starz app is natively available on the Play Store of Android TV. If you aren’t interested in installing the Starz app on your TV, you can cast the app to your TV from your Android or iPhone.
The library of the Starz app will be updated regularly with new episodes and series. Like other streaming apps, one can create a personalized profile within the Starz app. The media content on the Starz app requires a premium subscription priced at $9.99 per month.
By installing the Starz app on your Android TV, you can watch some of the popular content like Outlander, Run the World, Power Book II: Ghost, Minx, Superfly, Jumanji, and many more.
Note – Instead of purchasing the standalone subscription, one can also stream the media content on the Starz app with the active TV provider subscription.
How to Install Starz on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Starz in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Starz from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Starz on Android TV
1. Open Starz on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the login button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the Straz activation website [https://auth.starz.com/login] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Activate button.
5. After that, sign in with your TV provider or subscribed account to complete the activation.
6. Now, the Starz app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Watch Starz on TV Using a Web Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of them to access the Starz website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.starz.com/] in the address bar and visit the website.
3. The home screen of Starz will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the LOG IN button and go through the login process.
5. After signing in, you can watch your favorite Starz content on the TV.
How to Cast Starz App to Android TV
The Starz application on your Android and iPhone is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Starz from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the Starz app installed smartphone to the same network.
3. Open Starz on your smartphone and log in with the necessary credentials.
4. Click the Cast icon on the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
How to Install Starz on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find the Straz app in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you must use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file. While sideloading, get the APK link from trusted third-party sites.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Starz APK in the URL field. (Try to get the APK link from trusted third-party sites)
8. Click Go to download the Startz APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Return to the main screen of your Android TV and launch a VPN on your Android TV. Connect to the US server and then launch the Starz app.
11. Now, play the content you want.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes. Starz is available on the Google Play Store of Android TV. You can download it from Home Screen → Google Play Store → Search for Starz → Download.