The SS IPTV or Simple Smart IPTV is an IPTV Player that allows you to load and stream content in various formats like M3U URL, XSPF, ASX, and PLS. The application is completely free to use on any device. SS IPTV is a feature-filled IPTV Player as it includes plenty of modern features. Since the application is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV, you cannot install the app officially. But you can use the Downloader app as a sideloading tool to install the SS IPTV APK on your Android TV. Moreover, you can share the content from the Android smartphone to the TV with the mirroring option.
How to Sideload SS IPTV APK on Android TV
The SS IPTV app is not available for Android TV. To use the SS IPTV app, you need to sideload its APK using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of SS IPTV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the SS IPTV APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Upload IPTV Playlist on SS IPTV App
1. Open the installed SS IPTV app and go to the Settings option.
2. Under Setting, click on the Content section on the left.
3. Now, choose the External Playlist Subscription option.
4. Hit the Add button option and enter the Playlist link of your IPTV provider.
5. Then click on the Save button to upload your IPTV provider on the app.
How to Upload Playlist on SSTV IPTV Using Website
1. Open the SSTV app on your TV and go to Settings → General.
2. Click on the Get Code button under Code for Internal Playlist option.
3. Then, go to the official website of the SS IPTV website.
4. Enter the Code you received from the app and click Add Device button on the website.
5. Now, click on the Save button to upload your IPTV Playlist to the app.
How to Cast SS IPTV on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror the SS IPTV app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the SS IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Log in to the IPTV provider account on the app.
4. Play the video content on the SS IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Key Features of SS IPTV APK
- The IPTV player supports M3U, XSPF, and ASX playlist formats.
- It supports the EPG guide for TV channels.
- You can set Time Markers on the EPG guide to change the channel automatically at the desired time.
- It comes with Parental controls to restrict adult content from Kids.
- You can add TV channels to the Favorites section to access them quickly.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, the app is not yet released on the App Store of Sony Android TV.
Unfortunately, the SS IPTV app is not available for Google TV devices.