Spectrum TV app is one of the streaming services that is officially available on Android TV. So, you can install it on your TV directly from the Play Store. Before installing this app, make sure that your Android TV is updated to its latest edition. You can install the Spectrum app on Android Version 5.0 and above. Additionally, you have some other methods, such as sideloading and screen mirroring to stream Spectrum on your TV.
With the Spectrum TV app, you can get live TV channels anytime. One of the most interesting features of the Spectrum TV app is that you can create personalized profiles and save your favorite channels. The EPG guide is available for all live TV channels. If you want, you can set parental controls to prevent your kid from accessing specific video titles.
Let’s discuss everything you need to know about the methodologies that help to stream the Spectrum app on Android TV. Besides streaming techniques, this article also includes the troubleshooting tips to solve both minor and major issues of the app and its alternatives.
How to Install Spectrum on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Spectrum in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Spectrum from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Spectrum app.
7. Sign in to the app with the valid credentials or sign up with the new account.
8. Navigate to select and play whatever content you want on your TV screen.
How to Install Spectrum on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find Spectrum in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Spectrum APK: bit.ly/3QkTyTu
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Spectrum app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast Spectrum on Android TV
The Spectrum is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast Spectrum from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
3. Launch the Spectrum app after downloading it.
4. Play any video you like from the app by clicking on the Watch Now button.
5. From the top-right corner of your Spectrum application, click on the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV, and the media will stream on the TV screen.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|TCL Smart TV|
Hisense Smart TV
Sony Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Toshiba Smart TV
NVIDIA Shield TV
Ematic Android TV Box
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Spectrum on Android TV
If the Spectrum app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the Spectrum application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the Spectrum app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Spectrum isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Spectrum.
In Sony TV, you can install the Spectrum TV app from the Play Store as it is available for Android TV.
You can use your Spectrum TV subscription on two devices simultaneously. For home WiFi, you can access the Spectrum TV app with any number of devices.