SoundCloud is a unique audio streaming platform where you can find the works of many indie artists. Roughly you can listen to 30M+ artists on this app. The SoundCloud app works on multiple platforms. You can download and install the SoundCloud app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
SoundCloud holds 300M+ audio tracks in its library. You can create your own playlist or check out the popular music collection on this app. If you are a budding artist, you can upload your work to showcase to the audience. Though it is a premium service, you can avail of a 30-day free trial. You can play DJ sets and Mixes on your Android TV from SoundCloud.
Are you new to SoundCloud? Check out this article to install SoundCloud on your Android TV. We have also provided alternative ways to connect to the SoundCloud app.
How to Install SoundCloud on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter SoundCloud in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select SoundCloud from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the SoundCloud app.
How to Activate SoundCloud on Android TV
1. Open SoundCloud on your Android TV.
2. Click Create an account/ I already have an account button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the SoundCloud activation website on your smartphone or PC.
4. Sign in or create a SoundCloud account and enter the code.
5. Click the Activate button.
6. Now, SoundCloud will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Sideload SoundCloud on Android TV
The SoundCloud app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of SoundCloud APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the SoundCloud APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Get SoundCloud Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access SoundCloud.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [soundcloud.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of SoundCloud will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can listen to your favorite music on your Android TV.
How to Cast SoundCloud on Android TV
SoundCloud is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast SoundCloud from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Download the SoundCloud app from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the SoundCloud app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the music that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Now, the music will play on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay SoundCloud on Android TV
1. Install the SoundCloud app on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store.
2. Ensure to connect your iPhone and Android TV to the same WiFi.
3. Next, turn on AirPlay on your Android TV.
4. Launch SoundCloud and sign in with the account credentials.
5. Play the song and tap the AirPlay icon.
6. Tap on your Android TV from the list of devices.
7. Once paired, the song will start playing on your TV.
SoundCloud offers three subscription plans to users. You can sign up and choose the desired subscription plan to get a 30-day free trial. During the free trial, you will get the chance to use the premium features, like ad-free streaming, downloading songs for offline listening, DJ tools integration, and more.
How to Fix SoundCloud Not Working on Android TV
Sometimes, SoundCloud might not work due to various reasons. However, you can fix the issues by following the troubleshooting methods.
1. Check whether the internet speed is stable if the music buffers while playing.
2. Restart the SoundCloud app when you can’t choose options or make playback controls.
4. Try updating the SoundCloud app if it is outdated.
5. Reboot your Android TV and try again.
6. Change the browser and access SoundCloud on the new one.
7. Contact SoundCloud Customer Support to fix the issue if the above troubleshooting steps don’t work out.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
- Mecool Android TV Box
You can install and sign up on SoundCloud for free. To listen to music on the platform, you must subscribe to the membership plan.
Yes. SoundCloud is available on Google TV and you can install it from the Apps section.
When you haven’t connected your smartphone and Smart TV to the same WiFi, you can’t find the Cast button on the app when you play songs.