Nowadays, each Smart TV brand has a dedicated remote app on the Android and iOS devices to control the TV. With the help of WiFi and Bluetooth support, one can control the Sony Android TV by using their smartphone as a remote control. Sony offers a dedicated app called Video & TV SideView: Remote. Install the app on your smartphone and configure it with your TV via WiFi. The following guide will show the necessary steps to set up Video & TV SideView: Remote app with your Sony Android TV.
Table of Contents
Features of Video & TV SideView: Remote
- Easy to use and has a user-friendly interface with all the necessary buttons.
- Built-in voice search option to provoke the Google Assistant on Android TV.
- You can turn on/ off the TV, increase/ decrease volume, access settings, install apps, and more.
- It has a My Library tab that lists video content stored on your mobile phone and lets you stream it using a media player.
- It has a direct input keyword to search for anything on the Android TV.
How to Setup Sony Android TV Remote App on Sony Android TV
1. Make sure you connect your Android TV and Sony Remote App to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the Video & TV SideView: Remote app on your device. If you haven’t installed it yet, get it from the Play Store.
3. Choose the Country/Region you are in and select Agree and Start.
4. The app will ask for permission to access photos, media, etc. Click on Allow.
5. The app will automatically search for nearby devices. Once it finds a device, it will ask whether to register the device or not.
6. Select Add Device. Click on the device’s name, and it will begin connecting to your Sony Android TV.
7. Your device will ask for permissions and Allow it. It will make connecting to your Android TV very easy.
8. Once the connection is established, go to Menu and select Remote.
How to Use Sony TV Remote App
1. Once you successfully pair the app with your TV, you can change the channels or increase the sound using the controls available on-screen.
2. It has an Action Menu button that provides access to functions like picture adjustments, sound adjustments, volume adjustments, etc.
3. Press the Input button and choose the type of input you want, like TV or HDMI.
4. You can use the trackpad for easy navigation.
5. Select the Keyboard button to get a direct input keyboard screen. This will be very helpful when you want to search on the Android TV.
It also has a lot of other functions like Mute, Home, Guide, and more. The app has all the functions of your Android TV remote so that you can replace the remote control with the smartphone app. Since the app provides you with a keyboard, it is easier than using the arrow keys on the remote control.
Related – How to use Philips Android TV remote app
Frequent Asked Questions
Yes, you can use Remote control apps available on your Play Store or App Store to control your Sony TV.
Yes. There is a Sony Bravia Remote app available on your Play Store or App Store.