SmartTubeNext is a free, open-source application where you can stream YouTube content. The SmartTubeNext app is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV. However, you can install the app by sideloading the SmartTubeNext APK using Downloader.
With SmartTubeNext APK, you can stream various genres of videos, music, and much more. It is one of the free alternatives for YouTube without any premium plan. Unlike YouTube, users can also watch videos with fewer ads in high-definition with various useful features.
In this article, you will learn how to sideload SmartTubeNext APK on your Android TV. Also, we have mentioned the steps to cast the SmartTubeNext app on your TV. In addition, we have listed some of the troubleshooting tips to solve the SmartTubeNext APK issues on your Android TV.
How to Sideload SmartTubeNext APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the SmartTubeNext app is not available for Android TV. To stream its content, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of SmartTubeNext APK latest version: https://bit.ly/48mVCmc
13. Tap Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After downloading, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the application and watch your desired video content.
How to Cast SmartTubeNext on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the app, you can screen mirror the SmartTubeNext app from the Android Smartphone to your TV using the steps below.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Download and install the app from the third-party website.
3. Launch the SmartTubeNext app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play any video on the SmartTubeNext app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and hit the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
SmartTubeNext Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the SmartTubeNext app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like black screen, buffering, or freezing, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Check whether your Android TV is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the cache files of the SmartTubeNext app accumulated on your device.
- Close and relaunch the application on your Android TV.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that SmartTube Next isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream your favorite videos. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to SmartTubeNext.
Yes, SmartTubeNext is safe to access. But it may also contain malware, as it runs on a third-party server.
You can stream the videos on SmartTubeNext with high resolution from 420p up to 4K Ultra HD resolution.