Watching our favorite media content for free on Android TV gives always an awesome experience. Smartflix is such an app where there are tons of movies, TV series, and more entertainment content available for free. Unfortunately, you can’t find Smartflix APK on the Play Store as it is unavailable on any legal app markets.
However, you can still stream the Smartflix app on Android TV with the help of sideloading its APK file or screen mirroring the app from your mobile. By installing it, you can get a vast collection of movies, TV shows, and a lot more.
Especially for beginners, we’ve prepared this curated guide that helps to stream Smartflix on Android TV in multiple ways. Also, it covers the troubleshooting fixes you can perform if you have the not working issues of Smartflix on your TV.
How to Sideload Smartflix APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Smartflix app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Smartflix APK: bit.ly/3u1KziE
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Smartflix on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Smartflix APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Smartflix APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Smartflix app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Smartflix Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Smartflix app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Smartflix accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Smartflix isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Smartflix.
Yes. However, it is not possible by direct downloading from the Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload it or screen mirror its content from your mobile to the TV.
No. Smartflix is a third-party platform that has copyrighted content without any proper license. So, it is completely unsafe to use this platform.