|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
Sling TV is one of the best premium streaming services that offers 40+ live TV channels and 20,000 hours of on-demand content. By downloading the app on your TV, you can stream popular movies, TV series, Sports, News, Live TV etc. Luckily, the Sling TV app is officially available on the Google Play Store of the Android Smart TV so that you can install the app directly without any hassle. You can explore the contents of the app by subscribing to its basic plan, which starts at $20 per month. Apart from this, you can also stream Sling TV on Android TV by screen mirroring from a smartphone and streaming via a browser. This article covers the possible ways to stream Sling TV’s content on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install Sling TV on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Sling TV in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Sling TV from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Sling TV on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the app with a Sling TV account to stream the videos.
1. Open Sling TV on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the SIGN IN button to get it.
3. Now, go to the Sling TV’s activation website [https://www.sling.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
5. After that, sign in with your account to complete the activation.
6. Now, Sling TV will be activated on your TV. You can watch all the live channels on your Android TV.
How to Install Sling TV on Android TV Outside US
If you can’t find Sling TV in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the Sling TV APK link on your Android TV.
Latest version of Sling TV APK: https://urlsrt.io/Sling-TV-APK
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the best VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Sling TV app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch Sling TV Using Browser
Sling TV has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the Sling TV platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.sling.com/) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Sling TV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Sling TV app, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, the Sling TV is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Sling TV from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the Sling TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Sling TV on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Sling TV Alternatives
If you feel that Sling TV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream live TV channels, movies, and TV shows. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Sling TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Sling TV does not offer any free trial.