We all love to stream live TV channels on our TV. Nowadays, a lot of live TV apps are hitting the Android TV market. Among them, Sling TV is one of the best premium streaming services that offers 100s of live TV channels and 20000 hours of on-demand content. On Android TV, Sling TV is available to install from the official Play Store.
You can also sideload the app on Android TV if you encounter any difficulties while using the direct download method. On the other side, the built-in casting support of Sling TV on the smartphone app also allows you to stream its library on Android TV directly.
After installing the Sling TV app on your Android TV, you can enjoy a lot of features including cloud DVR storage, simultaneous streaming for multiple devices, unlocking sports events, and more. However, you should purchase any one of the subscription packages of Sling TV to watch the live channels.
Subscription Plans for Sling TV
|Subscription Plan||Good For||Simultaneous Streams||Monthly Cost|
|Sling Orange||Sports and Families||1 Device Stream||$40|
|Sling Blue||Entertainment and News||3 Device Streams||$40|
|Sling Orange + Blue||Everything||1-3 Device Streams||$55|
Recently, Sling TV announced a new offer to its new users. It offers all subscription packages with a discount for the first month’s purchase. So, new users of Sling TV can get Orange for just $25, Blue for $25, and Orange + Blue for $40.
How to Install Sling TV on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Sling TV in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Sling TV from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Sling TV on Android TV
Activation of Sling TV is a vital part of its installation process on your TV. Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Open Sling TV on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the SIGN IN option.
3. Now, go to the activation website [https://www.sling.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC. Enter your login credentials and sign in to your account.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
5. Now, Sling TV will be activated on your TV. You can watch all the live channels on your Android TV.
How to Install and Watch Sling TV on Android TV Outside the US
You can’t access Sling TV outside the US as it is a geo-restricted streaming platform. In that case, you will need a VPN on your Android TV to bypass the restriction. Even with the help of a VPN, you cannot install apps from the Google Play Store due to various policies of the Android TV platform and Sling TV network. In such cases, you need to sideload the app on your Android TV using Downloader.
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of Sling TV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Sling TV app on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
11. Now, you can sign in to Sling TV using the credentials and watch whatever media content you want on your TV.
How to Cast Sling TV on Android TV
Besides direct download and sideload methods, users can stream Sling TV’s media content on their Android TV with the help of its in-build casting support. The Sling TV is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Sling TV from your smartphone to your TV.
2. Connect the TV to a WiFi network. At the same time, make ensure that your TV is connected to the same wifi network.
3. Open Sling TV on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app / Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Sling TV Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
Sling TV Supported Android TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- AIR TV
- Mi Box
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. It is natively available to use on all popular Android TVs. You can get it from Apps → Google Play Store → Search icon → Search for Sling TV→ Download.
No, Sling TV is not included in the Amazon Prime Video channels.
Yes, Sling TV is officially available on Google TV.