SkyTube is a free entertainment platform that lets you watch popular videos and channels similar to YouTube content. Since SkyTube is compatible with Android devices, you can easily get the app downloaded on your Android TV from the Google Play store. If not available in your region, you can sideload the SkyTube apk using the Downloader app. With SkyTube on Android TV, you can stream videos on comedy, music, dance, travel, etc.
Table of Contents
How to Install SkyTube on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter SkyTube in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select SkyTube from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload SkyTube on Android TV Using Downloader
If you can’t get the SkyTube app from the PlayStore on your Android TV then you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of SkyTube APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the SkyTube APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Use SkyTube on Android TV
1. After you install, click Open to launch the SkyTube app.
2. Provide the necessary details and sign up for SkyTube.
Note: We suggest you enter the unused Gmail account to sign up. Signing up using your primary Google account can be risky.
3. When you finished signing up, you can start streaming the videos.
How to Cast SkyTube on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror SkyTube from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the SkyTube APK app on your Android smartphone.
3. Play the video content on the app.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
- SkyTube users can explore a wide range of popular channels and trending videos.
- It has an inbuilt video-blocker which helps you to restrict playing the content.
- No login or sign up required to watch the SkyTube.
- You can make use of the innovative dark colors available on the apk according to your comfort.
- You can read and make comments on all the allowable videos.
- The Bookmark feature allows users to get their favorite content on a separate list.
Alternatives for SkyTube
If you want to explore a similar app like SkyTube then you can consider the below best alternatives for it.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
SkyTube Extra is an advanced version of the SkyTube app in which you will get additional features powered by non-OSS libraries.
Ensure to use a standard WIFI connection and if again the problem persists try to restart the device to resolve the not working problems.
The SkyTube platform is completely free to use hence the users of SkyTube are not required to pay a single penny from their pocket.