Sky Go is the TV everywhere app for Sky TV customers. With the Sky Go app on your Android TV or TV Box, you can watch all the Sky video content anytime. Unfortunately, the Sky Go app is available only for Android smartphones, Fire TVs, PCs, and iPhones. To get the Sky Go app on Android TV, you have to sideload the app using Downloader.
How to Sideload Sky Go on Android TV using Downloader
1. Click on Apps, and go to the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Enter Downloader using the on-screen keyboard and select Search.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Select the Install button to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
5. Go to Settings and select Devices & Preferences.
6. Then, select Security & Restrictions.
7. Select Install Unknown Sources and enable the Downloader app’s toggle.
8. Open the Downloader app and enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browser.aftvnews.com) and download the plugin.
9. Now, enter the Sky Go Android TV APK URL and select Go.
10. The APK file will be downloaded. Once it is downloaded, select Install.
11. Open the app and enjoy watching your favorite Sky Go content on your Android TV Box.
How to Cast Sky Go on Android TV
You can cast Sky Go on Android TV by installing the app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store. Before casting, make sure that you have connected your smartphone and Android TV connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Open the Sky Go app on your smartphone.
2. Play any video content from the app.
3. Tap the Cast icon from the playback screen.
4. Select your Android TV from the list of devices.
5. The video content will begin to stream on your Android TV.
6. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and choose Stop Casting.
Features of Sky Go
- Sky Go streams more than hundreds of channels like Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports, and Sky One.
- You can download and watch the content on the Sky Go app on any device, such as Android and iOS smartphones, PC, tablets, and Xbox.
- Based on your activities, the app recommends movies or series for you.
- You can stream and watch the content on two devices concurrently.
- You can switch easily between devices and continue watching the video content without losing any progress.
Use a VPN
The Sky Go app is available only in the UK and Ireland. If you are residing in any other country, you have to use VPNs to access the Sky Go app. We suggest you use any of the best VPNs like NordVPN, CyberGhost VPN, or ExpressVPN on your Android TV. In addition to that, using VPN will protect your online presence and keeps you away from trackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Sky Go app is not available for Google TVs.