Sky Go is the TV Everywhere app for Sky TV customers. With the Sky Go app on your Android TV, you can watch all the Sky video content anytime. Unfortunately, the Sky Go app is available only for Android smartphones, not for TV platforms. To get the Sky Go app on Android TV, you have to sideload the app using Downloader or screen mirror the app from your smartphone.
Sideloading and screen mirroring methods for Sky Go are going to be discussed in this guide to streaming its content on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Sky Go APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Sky Go app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the Sky Go APK URL in the required field.
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Sky Go on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Sky Go APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you easily cast the Sky Go from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Install the Sky Go app on your mobile from the Play Store.
3. Play any video content from the app.
4. Tap the Cast icon from the playback screen.
5. Select your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. The video content will begin to stream on your Android TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and choose Stop Casting.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Sky Go Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Sky Go app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Sky Go accumulated on your device.
- If there is a new version available for Sky Go, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
Sky Go Alternatives
If you feel that Sky Go isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platforms to stream premium content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Sky Go.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Sky Go app is not available for Android TVs. So, you need to sideload it using Downloader or any other tool.
The Sky Go app is available only in the UK and Ireland. If you are residing in any other country, you have to use VPNs to access the Sky Go app. We suggest you use any of the best VPNs for Android TV like NordVPN, CyberGhost VPN, or ExpressVPN on your Android TV.