Sideload launcher is one of the useful applications for Android TV. The application will let the users launch the apps that are sideloaded (open-source platform) on your TV. Sideload Launcher is free to download from the Google Play Store. You can install this app on your TV and make use of its benefits. However, Some Android TVs with older version doesn’t offer Sideload Launcher in its store. In that scenario, you need to use the sideloading technique to get this launcher.
When you install an app on Android TV, it will open under the Apps category. However, when you sideload any application on your Smart TV, you can’t find it in the Apps category. Most importantly, it does not offer any subscription plans right now to use all its features and functions as this launcher is free to use.
The following guide will show the necessary steps to install Sideload Launcher on Android TV and also cover sideloading method if you can’t find the app on the Play Store.
Table of Contents
How to Download Sideload Launcher on Android TV
1. Switch on your smart TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Launch the Google Play Store from the app drawer.
3. Navigate to the search bar and type Sideload Launcher to locate it.
4. Click on the respective app and tap on Install.
5. After it gets downloaded, open Sideload Launcher.
6. It will organize the apps to display them on your TV.
That’s it. Now you can see all the apps from the third-party source.
Alternative Way to Install Sideload Launcher on Android Smart TV
If you can’t find Sideload Launcher in the Play Store for some reason, you must use the Downloader on Android TV to sideload the app.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Sideload Launcher APK: bitly.ws/33uWF
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
DIRECTV Stream Box
Mi Box 4K
Sideload Launcher Alternatives
If you feel that Sideload Launcher isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the functions and features it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to customize your home screen and usage. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Sideload Launcher.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Since Sideload Launcher is natively available on the Play Store of Android TV, you can easily install and use this launcher on your TV.
Yes. Sideload Launcher is completely safe and secure to use.