SHOWTIME is a US-based premium TV network with a decent library of movies and live content. This app is compatible with most devices, including Android TV. You can install the SHOWTIME application directly from the Play Store on your Android TV. If you can’t find the SHOWTIME app on the Play Store, you can sideload the SHOWTIME APK using Downloader.
With the SHOWTIME app, you can watch content of various categories, including movies, original series, documentaries, TV shows, and much more. Further, it also has various sports content like boxing matches, UFC bouts, MMA, etc. In addition, it allows you to download the content and watch it offline.
In this article, you will learn how to download the SHOWTIME application on your Android TV. SHOWTIME is a cast-supported app. So, you can cast the SHOWTIME app on the TV from your smartphone.
Note: SHOWTIME has merged with the Paramount+ on June 27, 2023. So, the official SHOWTIME app will shut down by the end of 2023.
Table of Contents
How to Install SHOWTIME on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter SHOWTIME in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select the SHOWTIME app from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, launch the SHOWTIME app and log in to stream your favorite content.
How to Sideload SHOWTIME APK on Android TV
If you can’t get the SHOWTIME app from the Play Store, you need to sideload the SHOWTIME APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of SHOWTIME APK latest version: https://bit.ly/3PAx4xt
13. Tap Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After downloading, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
18. Then, launch the application and sign in to watch the desired media content.
How to Watch SHOWTIME Using Browser
SHOWTIME has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies or shows. It is the simplest way to access the SHOWTIME platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (www.sho.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast SHOWTIME on Android TV
The SHOWTIME application has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the SHOWTIME from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Install the SHOWTIME from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network, same as your Android Phone.
3. Open the SHOWTIME on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon on the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, you can play the desired SHOWTIME movies or shows on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
SHOWTIME Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the SHOWTIME app is not working properly on your Android TV, you must perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve it.
- Make sure that your Android TV has the proper internet connection.
- Check the server outage of SHOWTIME on the Downdetector platform.
- Reboot your TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for SHOWTIME accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact SHOWTIME’s customer support (www.showtime.com/help) to solve the users’ queries.
If you feel that SHOWTIME isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to watch your favorite movies or series. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to SHOWTIME.
Yes. You can get the 7-day free trial of Paramount+ to stream the SHOWTIME content for free.
No, you must pay an extra $11.99 per month along with the Amazon Prime Video subscription.