SHOWTIME is one of the most popular television networks in the US. SHOWTIME is well-loved by the users because of its quality content. The SHOWTIME contents include original series, blockbuster movies, documentaries, and more. The SHOWTIME library gets bigger each day as new content is added frequently. So, let’s explore more about SHOWTIME and add it to your Android TV.
SHOWTIME also streams sports content like Championship Boxing and Bellator MMA. Additionally, watch shows like The Affair, American Rust, Dexter Homeland, and Twin Peaks. Also, download your favorite shows and save them offline to watch them without the internet.
SHOWTIME has only one plan and it costs you $3.99 per month for the first four months. After the completion of four months, you will be charged $10.99 per month. This plan comes with a free 30-day trial. Additionally, you can access SHOWTIME on other apps as an add-on subscription on services like Hulu and Amazon Prime Video.
SHOWTIME on Android TV
SHOWTIME has its own app available for download in the Google Play Store. So, you can access your SHOWTIME account on your Android TV and start streaming its movies and TV shows.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV STREAM
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add SHOWTIME App on Android Smart TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Launch the Google Play Store on your device.
3. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
4. Using the virtual on-screen keyboard, type down and search for the SHOWTIME app.
5. Select the SHOWTIME app from the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button.
7. Then, launch the SHOWTIME app.
8. Sign in to your SHOWTIME account.
9. Watch all the SHOWTIME shows on your Android TV.
How to Add SHOWTIME on Android TV outside the US
The SHOWTIME app can be downloaded if you are in the US. So, outside the US, you will have to sideload the app as follows.
Install Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and then launch the Google Play Store.
2. Select the Search icon and then type in Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search results and click on the Install button.
Enabling Unknown Sources
1. Open the Settings app and then scroll down to select Device Preferences.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
Sideload SHOWTIME on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option when prompted.
3. Type in the SHOWTIME Android TV APK link in the URL section.
4. Click on the GO option and download the APK file for the SHOWTIME app.
5. Start installing the SHOWTIME APK on your TV by tapping the Install button.
6. Then, watch the SHOWTIME content on your TV.
Alternative Method: Cast SHOWTIME on Android TV
1. Connect both your Android or iOS device and your Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the SHOWTIME app and complete the log-in process.
4. Play any title from the SHOWTIME app and then tap the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices on your screen, choose your Android TV.
6. Finally, enjoy streaming the title on your TV.
Using any one of three ways, you can install SHOWTIME ANYTIME on your Android TV.
SHOWTIME – Other Supported Devices
Let’s find out all the supported devices with the SHOWTIME app.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Android devices
- PlayStation 4
Frequently Asked Questions
SHOWTIME has its official app for your TV in the Google Play Store.
Yes. The SHOWTIME app is available on both Android and iOS devices.
Both the services stream SHOWTIME original series on its application. The only difference between them is that SHOWTIME requires a monthly subscription of $10.99/month to stream the content, whereas SHOWTIME Anytime requires a cable, satellite, or live TV streaming subscription.
Yes. SHOWTIME Anytime is available as a standalone app for Android TV. Install it from the store and activate it with your TV provider to stream the required content.