Showtime Anytime lets you can stream Showtime Originals, movies, and live sports, on Android TV. You can install this app from the Google Play Store. Since it is part of a Showtime subscription, you can access it using TV providers like Spectrum, AT&T U-verse, Xfinity, DirecTV, Dish, Frontier, Optimum, Suddenlink, FiOS, Mediacom, etc.
Showtime Anytime is only accessible in the United States and its territories. Therefore, users outside these regions can’t download the app from the Google Play Store. In such cases, you can sideload Showtime Anytime APK on your Android TV using the Downloader app. Later, use a VPN to connect to the US server and stream the content.
Table of Contents
How to Install Showtime Anytime on Android TV
1. Connect Android TV to WIFI or a wired internet connection using an ethernet cable.
2. On the home screen, click on Apps and open the Google Play Store.
3. Enter Showtime Anytime in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Choose Showtime Anytime and click the Install button.
5. After it gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Showtime Anytime on Android TV
1. Open the Showtime Anytime app and click Activate.
Note: Otherwise, go to Menu > Settings > Activate Device.
2. It will display an activation code on the TV screen.
3. Go to (showtimeanytime.com/activate) from a web browser.
4. Enter the code and click Submit.
5. Further, log in with your TV provider account.
6. If your account is verified, you will see a success message on the screen.
Then, open the Showtime Anytime app and stream the content you want.
How to Watch Showtime Anytime on Android TV Using a TV Browser
Besides installing the official app, you can also use a browser to stream Showtime Anytime from its official website.
1. Open Puffin Browser on Android TV.
2. Visit Showtime Anytime’s official website using the URL (showtimeanytime.com).
3. Click Log In at the top right corner and sign in with your TV provider credentials.
4. Then select your favorite TV show to start watching it on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Showtime Anytime on Android TV
Downloader is a perfect standalone app for sideloading apps on Android TV that are unavailable in the Google Play Store. It can be done by following these methods.
- Install Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources on TV Settings
- Sideload Showtime Anytime apk Using Downloader
How to Install Downloader on Android TV
1. Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Search for Downloader and pick up the app from the suggestions.
3. Hit the Install button to begin the installation.
Upon installation, go to TV Settings and turn on some options for installing the app from an external source.
Enable Unknown Sources on Android TV
1. Click the Settings icon on the home screen and click on Device Preferences.
2. Select Security & restrictions and choose Unknown Sources.
3. Finally, turn on Downloader by switching a toggle.
How to Sideload Showtime Anytime Using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app on Android TV.
2. Tap Allow to grant the necessary storage permissions.
3. Click the Home tab, and enter the SHOWTIME ANYTIME apk download link in the URL field.
4. Tap Go to go to the download page and initiate the downloading process.
5. After that, open the downloaded file and click the Install button.
6. Once it gets installed, click Open.
7. Further, go to Settings on Showtime Anytime and activate your account with the TV provider.
If you are in a geo-restricted region, turn on VPN, connect it to the US server, and enjoy streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Showtime is a standalone streaming service that requires a subscription of $10.99/month to watch its content. Showtime Anytime is an application that can be accessed with a Showtime subscription through a TV provider.
There are some workarounds to fix the Showtime Anytime app not working issue.
> Visit the downdetector website to check if there is an outage in the Showtime Anytime server.
> Force close the app on Android TV and relaunch it.
> Update the Showtime Anytime app to the latest version.
> Make sure that you have at least 5 Mbps to stream the content.
> Update Android TV to the latest firmware.